Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Am I crazy?
Quote | Reply
I have signed up for Ironman Louisville 2009. My husband and sister-in-law did it last year and watching the event made me want to try it, too. The only thing is, I have never run more than 7 miles at a time, and I have only biked and been in the water once in over a year. I'm not in totally horrible shape, but I'm not in good shape either. Am I crazy???

And any tips (other than start now)!!
Last edited by: #20: Oct 16, 08 7:28
Quote Reply
Re: Am I crazy? [#20] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Get a coach and start training now. If you really want it in your heart, than your not crazy!!!
In Reply To:

Elizabeth
Quote Reply
Re: Am I crazy? [earich] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the encourament. I do know it takes a lot of training because I watched my husband prepare for last years. My husband just introduced me to slowtwitch and I will definitely be checking this forum often for tips.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you're crazy, then you're definitely in good company. You have lots of time to get in shape. Find a training plan or a coach and start working towards it. Don't start training now or else you'll be going nuts by the time your long stuff has to get serious in late spring/early summer. But, you can start working on your weaknesses and some general off-season type training to get a head start on your plan.

If you don't already have a coach/training plan, then check out endurancenation.us. Rich Strauss has some good stuff going on there and it's definitely less expensive than hiring a coach.
Quote Reply