Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Maggs and Rachel
Quote | Reply
It looks like they're kicking butt!
Quote Reply
Re: Maggs and Rachel [QRgirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've been pretty OCD about this today as I have two other friends in Rachel's AG that have a very good shot at a podium slot, one is in 1st after the bike and the other is in 3rd. Very stressful hitting refresh all the time!!

C'mon Rachel! Close the gap! I'm looking for the podium to be filled with my friends!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great job Rachel! 3rd in AG. 3:21 marathon.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Rachel did some serious work on that run! She climbed from 8 to 3rd on that run. Huge.

The woman who came in 2nd is a good friend of mine. She has the same coach as I do and shared the house with me at Coeur 'Alene.

Really fast women in that AG!! Overall a very exciting race to watch!

Jen

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congrats to Maggs and Rachel! They both did awesome.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Does anyone have their official times? Just curious how fast this chickies were yesterday!

Regardless....great job ladies!

N~
Quote Reply
Re: Maggs and Rachel [kitkat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maggs was 10:44:47 for 7th in her age group. I don't know about Rachel, but holy cow that's fast!!

Way to go Ladies!! You ROCKED it yesterday!!!

Harry: "I expected the Rocky Mountains to be a little rockier than this."
Loyd: "I was thinking the same thing. That John Denver's full of shit, man."
Quote Reply
Re: Maggs and Rachel [RockyMtnChic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rachel was third in 30-34 with a 10:05 or 10:06 I think.
Quote Reply
Re: Maggs and Rachel [njtrigirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

Here's a shot of Rachel.

"your horse is too high" - tigerchik
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks!

it was a hard but fun day (definately harder race than IMAZ, and I hurt a lot more today that I did after IMAZ). I'm happy with my time (4 min PR) and will post more of a race report later, but the quick and dirty is in my blog.
Quote Reply
Re: Maggs and Rachel [PirateGirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Read what you had on your blog, can't wait for more of a report! Nice job :D

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
wow! Great going Maggs. Incredible time! Get some R&R now and eat that pizza.

:-)
Quote Reply
Re: Maggs and Rachel [kitkat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maggs--YOU ARE MY HERO! :-) It was an AWESOME day! IM Kona is one of races that's best seen in person! I'm glad I had to chance to see it first hand! Just to watch people cross the finish line...some on the verge of collapes...others on the verge of tears--I was truly inspired to get off my az and get moving! :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Awesome job out there Maggs and Rachel! It was really exciting watching you.

A PR for one and an awesome story about picking up salt tabs off the Queen K and eating them from the other! :D

Yep, that's what it's all about...

<If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough>
Get Fitter!
Proud member of the Smartasscrew, MONSTER CLUB
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Those times are amazing - congrats to both of you!!

--------------------

http://thethighmasterroutetokona.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: Maggs and Rachel [ugogrl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Von. I'm am so happy you made it out. It was so much fun havign you there to cheer and give me shit. Any IM race you do, I'll be there to support....unless I'm racing too ;-)

Have a great marathon in 2 weeks and someday we'll both race Boston!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Speaking of Boston--I think I want to run it next year instead of waitying til 2010. So do you think I should do the Pensacola Marathon on 15 Feb or the Miami Marathon (flat course) on 18 Jan? I'm thinking if I BQ in Jan, that will give me more recovery/training time before BM on April 20. Thoughts?

How is your recovery going? Still eating carrot cake and beer?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
And pizza...a lot of pizza.

There's a new bar opening a mile from my house. 30 beers on tap. I will drink them all by the end of the month. If not the end of the week.

miami might be HOT. As in the temperature. how hilly is pensacola?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks you guys - and thanks Hid for the photo. Umm, I'm not suffering or anything ;) Last year I was all smiles and cruising along - 3 min faster! This year was a battle.

Khai, Von & D, thanks for all the cheering on out there!

It was the opposite of a PR - but only by 30 seconds or so, and I knew it was likely to be a tough day going in. I was grumpy about it for about an hour, then got over it.

Jenhs, was Rhae your friend out front by the end of the ride? She is an awesome girl. Last year I found her pretty quickly on the run, but she was really, really ill. This year she had a great run and I wondered if I would ever catch up. We were near the energy lab when I finally found her. The woman who won the AG, Kathleen, is another really cool girl - so talented and nice - and a mom like me.

RR
Quote Reply
Re: Maggs and Rachel [Hid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:

Here's a shot of Rachel.
The head tilt, the cross-over, and the heel strike.. if only that was the last mile and not one of the first 5! I was in bigger trouble than I thought. I wasn't even eating salt off the ground yet.

I was disappointed to miss the gathering at your place, Hid, I heard it was awesome. I was like an over-scheduled kindergartener bouncing from soccer to french class on thursday and just couldn't get there. Wish I'd gotten to meet all of you.
Quote Reply
Re: Maggs and Rachel [runlikeamother] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rachel--ask Maggs to see her pictures! Even though I was taking pics with her camera--the really good pictures are of you! :-) I will probably have to take a photography class before the next IM Kona or else Maggs might not invite me back!

Miami will be in the 60s or 70s and its a flat course. I'm not sure of the P-cola course. But I was told the temps will be in the 40s-50s. E
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Man, I miss you! lol

I'll try and get all my pictures up sometime today too. Since my computer decided to die in Kona, I still have to upload them to my brand new laptop (sigh).