Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Ok, it's not Kona but...
Quote | Reply
I swam yesterday for the first time since breaking my leg 7 weeks ago. Still on crutches for another 5 or more weeks so obviously running and biking is still out of the question for a while longer but I did swim and man did it feel good. Actually, it felt like crap but as a fishie, swimming is as much a mental release as it is physical exercise so I've never been so damn happy about 1000 stupid yards in my life.

http://smallfoodbiz.com
</blatent self-marketing>
Quote Reply
Re: Ok, it's not Kona but... [lilpups] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great news! Do you have a fiberglass cast?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good for you for getting back into it. My wife ripped a muscle one time and could only swim for three or four months. Once the cast is off and you're off the crutches you can break into the other two activities (slowly of course). You'll be back up to speed before you realize it.
Quote Reply
Re: Ok, it's not Kona but... [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I actually only have a walking cast that can be removed. The surgeon gave me the option of surgery with rods and pins but also a walking cast (though I can't yet walk in it) or a real cast and no swimming/real showers for 3 months. I chose the former. :)

http://smallfoodbiz.com
</blatent self-marketing>
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
oh that is good to hear!!!

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
YAY!!! Glad to hear you can finally get back in the water, that rocks!

M

------------------------------------------------------------
The beatings will continue until morale improves
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congrats on your first swim back!!

Not that it compares to you but I also did my first swim since my heart procedure two weeks ago this morning. It was nice to be back to do something!
Quote Reply