Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

best places to be a nurse?
Quote | Reply
Ladies (and gentlemen who are nurses or know one),

I have a good friend who is looking to make a move. She's a RN who has worked in the ICU for a few years and is burned out at her current job. She's looking for a less stressful environment - definitely something different than where she is now (big city hospital, too many egos, etc..). I don't know if it's the job, the work environment, or where she lives (south FLA), but it's making her sick(depression, headaches, other physical symptoms).

Any recommendations on cities or jobs?

Thanks.

Dave
Last edited by: binkley: Oct 9, 08 7:55
Quote Reply
Re: best places to be a nurse? [binkley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I worked critical care for many years too. Now I work in PACU(recovery room) and I love it. You still get to take care of really sick people, but only for a little while. YOu are still on your feet all day running.
Quote Reply
Re: best places to be a nurse? [binkley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If she doesn't have kids or a husband who is attached to his job, she could always do the travel nurse thing for awhile. I know peeps that really love it. I did ICU for awhile too. Now I'm doing Home Health, but I might venture back into the ED or something per diem just for the adrenaline rush.

She definitely needs to do some research on hospitals, etc. Small hospitals aren't always the best way to go. For one thing there is less staff for coverage and usually less docs that work out of small hospitals.

N~
Quote Reply
Re: best places to be a nurse? [kitkat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks - I'm going to recommend she research hospitals and cities/regions.
Quote Reply