Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Dental Woes - OT!
Quote | Reply
Nothing to do w/ Tri or anything, just wanted to whine!

Today was appointment #2 of 8 I have to endure at the dentist. Went in last week as a back molar was bothering me.

Found out it's actually fractured and will need work or be pulled.

Then...another tooth has a huge cavity.

Then...gum disease in pretty much all areas.

I had my back molar pulled this morning - it's already starting to hurt!

Monday is the first appt for the scaling/gum stuff.

Sigh.

Did I mention...no dental benefits either? Sigh. Feeling a little woe is me today.

BUT...good way to kick start the weight loss...can't eat anything solid for a day :)

Proud member of the Guru Cartel, EH!
Quote Reply
Re: Dental Woes - OT! [Irongirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Probably is tri related, actually. I never had problems with my teeth before Gatorade and Gu came into my life.

Hope you feel better soon!

Jodi
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm sorry. I've never been in that position but I have a irrational fear of the dentist. Yes, I still go but each visit gets worse emotionally. Hang in there and good luck.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you read through the topics on the forum there are quite a few OT threads so no need to worry :-)

Im sorry you have to go through this. Dentists suck. I get stressed out over the dentist, particularly getting a shot in my mouth. I have a script for Xanex that really helps. I highly recommend it.

I can't imagine how much this is costing you. Terrible.

Oh, ice cream is probably too cold but Herseys Chocolate Syrup and Redi-Whip isn't!!

:-)

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Re: Dental Woes - OT! [jenhs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't do well on anything stronger then Tylenol/Motrin so RX painkillers are sadly not an option.

Today was appointment 3 of 8 (I think, or maybe 7) and it sucked. 3 needles of freezing and I can't eat anything on either side of my mouth for hours today. UGH.

I'm kinda whiny about it as I was really looking forward to getting into a schedule of weights and off season training but have put that all on hold till Nov 1st, when I am done w/ the appts.

Luckily, I THROUGHLY enjoy ice cream and pudding :)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would be whining so loud the neighbors would hear me. You have every right to whine. Embrace your inner whiner and eat ice cream and pudding to you heart's content!

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good for you for getting the word taken care of. My mom is a dental hygeinist and she is always amazed at people who will spend tens of thousands of dollars on a car that they will have for 10 years or so, but won't invest $ in their teeth that they should have forever. I think alot of people don't realize how much oral health can affect overall health.
Quote Reply
Re: Dental Woes - OT! [QRgirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My cousin is a Dentist and she is always pestering us to come in for a visit. I just happened to be trapped in her lobby waiting for my dad to finish his 4 hour long appointment and she got me in a chair. It was my first cleaning in 2 years and all was well which was nice. I hate going to the dentist so I try to avoid it when I can.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
a quick pre-dental mojito does the trick for me. :)
Quote Reply
Re: Dental Woes - OT! [QRgirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I should have gone about 10 years ago! I know, bad. But no benefits, not a lot of extra income at that time left me not going.

After all the work is done, I do plan on going more often so I can avoid any more issues.

I have 4 or 5 more appts. and am dreading the one next week as it's 2 appts. in one! UGH.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have to get a filling today...
Quote Reply