Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 2009 TTT [cuds] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bumping the post again...

My husband is trying to convince me to do this. Where is the swim? How is the water in May?
Quote Reply
Re: 2009 TTT [instigator] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is anyone doing the California one? I'm soooo tempted to do it...

Come crawling faster
Quote Reply
Re: 2009 TTT [Tri1016] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The swim is in a small lake. It is cold as hell (56), but very calm and the TT start makes for NO contact.

Jump on it ASAP if you want to race. Only a couple dozen slots left.

Jodi
Quote Reply
Re: 2009 TTT [LovePugs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Is anyone doing the California one? I'm soooo tempted to do it...

I'm thinking about it. I believe Katy is too.

clm

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Long-time lurker here. I just signed up for Cali...looks amazing, and after...wine country!
Quote Reply
Re: 2009 TTT [tri-spouse] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Crap crap crap CRAP!!! I want to do this!!!

I'd need a lot of advice on training and such. I'll be in the middle of IMAZ training, the boys on the main forum said TTT is great IM training.

How hard physically will it be to do a half after a super sprint and 2 Olys??

AAHH!! What am I getting myself into? ;-)

It would be fun to meet some of the ST womens! We could get ST Womens shirts made!!

Ok, too much coffee today, but thinking about races like this gets me so excited...

Come crawling faster
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I know! I just finished ChesapeakeMan and felt like I needed a cool challenge to get me through the winter, so this perfectly fit the bill.

I've never tried anything like this--maybe some of the TTT experts from Ohio can give us their tips for training/pacing?
Quote Reply
Re: 2009 TTT [tri-spouse] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I did TTT in 2007 in prep for IMLP. I just treated it like a long weekend of training. The first three races aren't too bad, but the half iron on Sunday is brutal. The bike is very hilly and you will find yourself going about an hour longer than your usual 1/2 IM pace (that was true for me as well as several of the fast guys I spoke to). Day 3 is all about just continuing to move forward. I think the run on the 1/2 IM gives you a preview into what the run feels like on an IM. You just have to keep putting one foot in front of the other.

I didn't train for TTT since I was already training for LP. I also didn't taper for it. If you are IM training and your long ride is up around 3 to 4 hours, then you'll be fine from a training point of view.

It's true what they say about pacing. You really can't dig too deep on any of the shorter races or you will truly feel it on Sunday. I tried really hard to keep my exertion level even. Stayed in zone 3 most of the time, except for a few of the bigger hills were I had to work harder. There's lots of big hills on all of the bike courses, so you have to have good gearing so you can spin up the hills. I had 39/53 up front and 12/27 on the back.

It's a fantastic race and one that every long course athlete should consider.
Quote Reply
Re: 2009 TTT [Jodi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
2 years ago the water was awesome. I swam in my sleeveless wetsuit without an issue and there were a bunch of folks swimming sans wetsuit. I just think last year was a freakin cold winter everywhere. :)

I will be there for next year as well. :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mike and I are in for it :)

---
Miles of Life --- Powered by MarkyV
Quote Reply
Re: 2009 TTT [DawnT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's in May right? P and I are debating holding an Epic Camp in OR in May or doing some racing... hmmmm... You can tell me all about it next week ;-)

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: 2009 TTT [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Epic Camp! EPIC CAMP!

Quote | Reply
I would be the sole Grand Master from 2008. Are you saying I suck and you will kick my ass? Competition would be nice!
Quote Reply
Re: 2009 TTT [fefe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I would be the sole Grand Master from 2008. Are you saying I suck and you will kick my ass? Competition would be nice!

I smell a THROW down..yah!! I'll be there, booked a hotel..unfortunately they all fill up pretty quickly and got the closest one to the race site..bring on 2009!

-----------------
http://www.konashelley.blogspot.com
Quote Reply

Prev Next