Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Who cries when watching TV? [tri-spouse] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Stop it! Everyone is making me cry!
Quote Reply
Re: Who cries when watching TV? [jenhs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The only times fiction programming has made me cry were the last two episodes of Babylon 5. Hadn't realized just how much I'd emotionally invested in the show over the years. Other than that, nothing.

Real stuff, on the other hand, gets to me. Presentation of the Stanley Cup? Cue the waterworks every time. Same goes for many an Olympic medal ceremony and compilation of Ironman finishers clip.
Quote Reply
Re: Who cries when watching TV? [AWARE] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have you thought about medication for that?

Wink

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No kidding....HTFU. I usually borrow the "Suck it up, Princess" line at least once a race.

AW
Quote Reply
Re: Who cries when watching TV? [determination] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I also think it's acceptable to cry for a guy at the end of King Kong.
That was sad.

Homer Simpson did just that, wiping away a tear as King Kong falls from the Empire State Building and saying "So unfair....just because he's different!"

"You can never win or lose if you don't run the race." - Richard Butler

Quote Reply
Re: Who cries when watching TV? [Brian in MA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Homer's such a sensitive new-age guy.

Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Damn! I nearly cried when I saw that Maks is out on Danicing with the Stars because Misty tore her achilles! No Maks? Why watch!

clm

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ok, I have this, uhm, friend. This friend is tough, like one time, he tore a muscle in his leg ten steps across the starting line of a marathon, and he still finished.

Well, when he watches the Ironman and they run that piece on Rick and Dick Hoyt. He cries like a baby.

Here they are on YouTube.
Quote Reply
Re: Who cries when watching TV? [mccannathon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you cry when you watch hockey?

---------------------------------------
Awww, Katy's not all THAT evil. Only slightly evil. In a good way. - JasoninHalifax

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Okay, I admit I've become a total sap in my dotage and can tear up at the drop of a hat. Stupid stuff on tv, sure, why not. Funny thing is I distinctly recall when I was 12 or so not getting why shows on tv were called "tearjerkers" and why my mom would be all weepy watching them. Ha, who's crying now??

And I confess, I cried tonight watching Grey's Anatomy, at the segment with the youngish (in her 30s) woman with cancer that they operated on and discovered the cancer had spread more than they thought, so she basically woke up to find out there was no hope. And when she kept saying "not fair!" I just lost it. A little too close to home i guess.

--------------------

http://thethighmasterroutetokona.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: Who cries when watching TV? [Katy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Uhm, How did you know that I don't watch hockey, because of just that reason? I would blubber like a blubbering baby. So to avoid appearing mentally unbalanced, I no longer watch hockey.
Quote Reply
Re: Who cries when watching TV? [mccannathon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Home Makeover and the Ironman stuff on Jon Blais get me every time! Watching Home Makeover, I can never fathom how we have SO MANY poor, and uneducated in our country, and we keep pouring billions overseas, to build schools in Afghanistan and elsewhere!

The Blais piece kills me because my grandmother died of ALS twenty years ago and still haunts me. I also met Jon and his parents in transition at Kona in 2006. I helped his Dad move Jon through the tangled mess of power cords above the swim steps, and got pictures taken with him. Makes me sad.
Quote Reply
Re: Who cries when watching TV? [Willrace4food] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yup, I just got seriously choked up watching the start of Ironman Hawaii online. Little tear I only controlled by sheer willpower.

Jen

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You guys need to see "Dan in Real Life." It's funny, sappy, and reminds me of someone I completely love and adore but can't be with. Lots 'o tears.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I did that race (as I was leaving I saw Simon running with the little girl and her mother to finish the race). I got the video from the RD ... and yes I cried like a baby -- sent it to my wife and she cried too. If Terminator-type robots or Blade Runner type robots ever become real, I think we could use that video as a test -- only a robot could watch that and not get weepy.
Quote Reply
Re: Who cries when watching TV? [peacefrog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just watched last night's ER. Cried like a baby.

Jen

Quote Reply

Prev Next