Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Who cries when watching TV?
Quote | Reply
No one in the LR will admit it so I figured it was safe to ask this over here.

I am such a sap. I cry watching TV all the time. Thursday night I was openly crying while watching ER. Shamelessly crying.

Tonight, it is Extreme Makeover Home Edition. I don't normally watch this but the hubby is traveling so I'm having a girl's TV fest.

I cry whenever the David Duchovney animal shelter commercial comes on. I can barely watch it.

What makes you cry?

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Re: Who cries when watching TV? [jenhs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sarah McLachlan SPCA commercial. I change the channel when it comes on now.

Quote | Reply
Well, I can't even be in the room when they discuss animals....but isn't D.D. in treatment for sex addiction?

leslie myers
http://www.foodsensenow.com
Quote Reply
Re: Who cries when watching TV? [Honey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yup but he does a great job with those Pedigree commercials.

The Sarah M. commercials are brutal too. The hubby won't let me watch them I get too upset.

Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't have a TV, but I cried over two things I read in the paper this morning (Dear Abby being one of them) and while looking through the link of the animal pictures that you posted.

I've seen the Sarah ad once while in a hotel and the tears started coming...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Watching the live webcast of what would become Randy Pausch's 'Last Lecture'.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Freakin' Extreme Makeover Home Edition does me in every time!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Sarah M commercial is too much for me to handle as the tears start flowing immediately. As soon as it comes on, I change the channel.

But I will also cry at just about anything sad that happens on tv. Most recently I cried through an entire episode of One Tree Hill after they killed off a character. I have attempted to fool myself into thinking that tears were actually driven by another issue in my life.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Any of those commercials. I cry when listening to the radio even! Such sappy, tough, hardass athletes we are! I've cried during almost every medal ceremony (Olympics) or championship game I've watched!

We can swim 2.4, ride 112, and run a marathon after and survive, but we can't watch commercials about puppies for 1 minute. And I wonder why my bf looks at me strangely....=)

AW
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I used to cry...over a lot of things....

for some reason, the last year I turned into a stone cold bitch that doesn't cry over anything. sad......

Last night, while watching Grey's Anatomy on DVR I started to tear up. A tear didn't crest the eyelid, but tearing....for me.....WOW huge improvement over the last year.

Quote | Reply
Count me in. I'm good for just about any award ceremony. With the Sarah M ad, I not only cry, but I have to go do a group hug with my doggies. Any 'overcoming the odds' ad will get me going (the Visa one from the Olympics where the girl did the vault with one good leg - got me every time). For some reason the Ididerod ad on Discovery has gotten the waterworks going the past few days. There is a reason I do not watch Home Makeover ...I don't think I could handle it.

Wow, I'm a sap.

The weird thing is, just a few years ago NOTHING made me cry. My fiancee was horrified after we watched The Notebook when he was all teary-eyed, and I was just like "huh, that's kind of depressing".
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Okay, so Cuds will revoke my man-card for sure now but I don't care.

While I don't cry I do get teary at pretty much every sappy romantic comedy type movie I watch(especially if it involves Meg Ryan).Last week it was watching "You've got mail" and this week it was watching "The family Stone" (gets extra weepyness points for being a Christmas movie).

I'm lame I know.

Quote Reply
Re: Who cries when watching TV? [Ultra-tri-guy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Meg Ryan movies I'll let you go on, but The Family Stone? Wow, you really do get your man card revoked!

Quote | Reply
      I reserve the right of appeal.

Christmas trees,snow falling,Claire Daines being beautiful,Rachel McAdams being cute and Diane Keaton dying from cancer.

I now throw myself at the mercy of the ST womens jury.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

I'm lame I know.
Pretty much any crying over weepy romantic crap is lame.

But you always have to cry when they have to put down Old Yeller. That's about the saddest thing ever.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Steel Magnolias
The Color Purple

When Bambi's mother is shot.
Mulan

during about one week of every month, it could be anything from Animal Cops to romantic comedies.

There is no justice, there is only me. -- Death
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
One of the reasons why we love you :-)

Jen

Quote Reply
Re: Who cries when watching TV? [cuds] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Meg Ryan movies I'll let you go on, but The Family Stone? Wow, you really do get your man card revoked!

As a guy, I have to go along with revoking your man card. If you had cried at the end of the Dirty Dozen, then that would have bene perfectly acceptable...

I like the card though...I may have to print some out.

Go that way really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Quote Reply
Re: Who cries when watching TV? [TriStrut] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sad romantic movies for me, or ones where they finally get together in the end when you don't think they will and it's been a big struggle...
The Lake House was the last one that "got" me - I borrowed the DVD from a friend.

In the teasing guy vein, I also think it's acceptable to cry for a guy at the end of King Kong.
That was sad.
hee hee hee
Quote Reply
Re: Who cries when watching TV? [DawnT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Freakin' Extreme Makeover Home Edition does me in every time!!
I had to stop watching that show, because I pretty much bawled through the whole hour every week.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Only when Sarah Palin is giving an interview.:-)

Seriously, don't think a TV show has ever brought me to tears, but some have made me very upset, especially those documentaries that discuss how some animal species are becoming extinct or if about the horrid conditions that some people on this planet live in.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's funny, the crying at Sarah Palin being interviewed. I'm not sure if it makes me cry or scream. :-0

I'm glad to see so many other people cry like me at things you've all mentioned! Those old Hallmark commercial kind of things, you know, where the kid gets on the bus to go away to school and the grandma is standing on the road waving? Those did me in. So do awards ceremonies, especially! the Olympics.

Haven't seen the Sarah M. commercial. I even cry sometimes at the Star-Spangled Banner.
Quote Reply
Re: Who cries when watching TV? [minniepearl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I get really emotional at the national anthem before Ironman.

It really is embarassing. I can't go to the movies or watch TV with anyone by my husband.

You know what used to get me every week? Party of Five. Holy crap that was the worst about the tugging at the heartstrings stuff.

Jen

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That episode of ER last week was brutal! I was balling. I'm very sad that Pratt is gone...he was one of my favorites.

Racing Ironman for Athletes in Tandem...http://www.firstgiving.com/...manworldchampionship
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
 West Side Story was on the other night,now that's a sad movie!Love all those old songs.

This weeks TV torture-fest is Steel Magnolias.Bring on the red wine!

Quote Reply

Prev Next