Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Let's Talk TV [Jim] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So you think you can dance

You can send me your man card now :)

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Re: Let's Talk TV [jenhs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Umm have you ever seen the young ladies on that show?

Jim

**Note above poster works for a retailer selling bikes and related gear*
Quote Reply
Re: Let's Talk TV [cindyloohoo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ok, I will join up here. I have real TV addiction. I'm soooo glad that fall season has started and there are not any stikes looming.

I just watched Fringe with my son...I think this may be a real keeper.
I love almost all of the reality shows most of you have listed.
Unfortunately Journeyman doesn't look like it is coming back. :-(
Prison Break
Lost
Office
Anything with Gordon Ramsey (FYI he is s'posed to be doing Kona this yr)
Bones (occas.)
Fringe (looks 1/2way promising from the initial showing)
I loved the orig ER, but might take a peek for the last season, since I am medical after all.
Quote Reply
Re: Let's Talk TV [Jim] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Umm have you ever seen the young ladies on that show?
You may have your man card back, but now you have been issued a perv card :P

Quote | Reply
Hey, men like dancing too. I love Dancing with the Stars and SYTYCD (Canadian version coming up soon) I knew that Sabra Johnson would win two season ago, and she was my favourite and I was hoping Katie would win this past season, she was the best dancer.

I have Apple TV, so I can watch what I want when I want it. Not crazy about most of regular TV.

Cervelo R3 and Cannondale Synapse, Argon18 Electron Track Bike
Quote Reply
Re: Let's Talk TV [cervelo-van] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ok instigator and I are going to go to the same 12 step program ;-)

90210- give it another chance!!! Last night's was GOOD.... getting juicy finally

Gossip Girl- just started with it this season, so I'm a little behind... but soooo over the top

The Hills- I. Can't. Stop. Watching. This. Show. All hail Audrina

America's Next Top Model- been watching from the start. The photo shoots are amazing

Starting in the next couple of weeks is The Ultimate Fighter- I loves me some MMA and MMA fighters

Come crawling faster
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I didn't say men didn't like dance too... that was Jen that took away his man card. I just referred to his comment about the "young women" on the show lol. I KNOW men like dance too - I danced with many of them! And my dad watches every episode with me.
While I agree that Katie is an amazing dancer, I think Will was head and shoulders above everyone (with Katie a fantastic partner). America got it wrong this year. Sabra rocked my socks last year.

Hopefully with your Apple TV you'll be able to watch So You Think You Can Dance Canada! :)

Quote | Reply
I am addicted to The Weather Channel. I know. Geek. But I am ok with that.
Quote Reply
Re: Let's Talk TV [cuds] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Already have SYTYCD Canada programmed for all season recording on the PVR in HD

As for Will, he just took his shirt off too many times ;-)

In Reply To:
I didn't say men didn't like dance too... that was Jen that took away his man card. I just referred to his comment about the "young women" on the show lol. I KNOW men like dance too - I danced with many of them! And my dad watches every episode with me.
While I agree that Katie is an amazing dancer, I think Will was head and shoulders above everyone (with Katie a fantastic partner). America got it wrong this year. Sabra rocked my socks last year.

Hopefully with your Apple TV you'll be able to watch So You Think You Can Dance Canada! :)

Cervelo R3 and Cannondale Synapse, Argon18 Electron Track Bike
Last edited by: cervelo-van: Sep 10, 08 17:16
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Will could never take his shirt off too many times! haha :)

Quote | Reply
Daily Show
Colbert Report
South Park
Family Guy
Simpsons
Amazing Race
Hell's Kitchen
Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares

and

AMERICAN GLADIATORS!!!!!!!!! Go Wolf!!!!

===============
Proud member of the MSF (Maple Syrup Mafia)
Quote Reply
Re: Let's Talk TV [CaptainCanada] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Right now I'm watching America's Got Talent. We pretty much don't. There are a couple acts that are good, the baton twirler is amazing. I like the dude who sings and plays piano, the dancing dads and the two guys to play voilin to rap music.

I'm desperate for the fall season to begin.

Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Re: Let's Talk TV [jenhs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So here is my day by day: terrible to think how much tv i can watch, but some of them are watched while on the trainer, so it doesn't really count right! lol!

Mondays--One Tree Hill and Gossip Girl (fluff night, but still i love it) Heroes too
Tuesday--House
Wednesday--Bones and Ultimate Fighter. LOST (when it comes back in January)
Thursday-- Grey's Anatomy
Friday--Friday Night Lights.

I missed the Fringe the other night, but heard great things, so i want to watch it next week!
Last edited by: ultramaybe: Sep 11, 08 5:07
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Battlestar Galactica
Mad Men

Thank goodness USA doesn't play Magnum PI reruns anymore or I'd never leave the sofa...
Quote Reply
Re: Let's Talk TV [instigator] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great news! There is a rumor of the remake of Melrose Place!
http://news.yahoo.com/...80924/en_tv_eo/30508

Los Angeles (E! Online) - If 90210 can do it, why not Melrose Place? ADVERTISEMENT

Former Melrose Place star Lisa Rinna says she's been hearing some buzz that the 1990s Aaron Spelling nighttime soap could be getting an update.

"I've heard a rumor of them bringing back the show like they did 90210," Rinna said at TV Guide's post-Emmy party. "I heard that it's somewhere at the CW."

No surprise, but Ms. Rinna would jump at the chance to reprise her role as Taylor McBride. "I would do it in a heartbeat," she said.

Melrose Place ran from 1992 to 1999. "Let's bring it on," Rinna squealed. "Melrose, 10 years later!"

Sadly, a rep for the CW insists there are no plans to bring back Melrose Place.

Jen

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
HEre are my favs

The Closer more episodes coming in Jan!!
Saving Grace
CSI's all of them
Law and Order all of them
Cold case
Lost
Raising the Bar
L word drives my husband crazy!!!(in a good way)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How I Met Your Mother
House
Grey's
Private Practice

okay, then there is FOOTBALL! I love football..I am from the South and well, we love our SEC football... slowly gettin' involved in NFL football...

Funny- was talking to a friend's dad at dinner recently. He thought it was kinda funny at how college football is a 12 month sport here... just how I grew up!!!

Tiger for Life -- War Eagle!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So for SYTYCD Canada, what do you think about Emanuel Sandhu trying out? Car wreck waiting to happen? Unfair considering his skating experience? Or just really annoying as we thought he'd finally disappeared?

Not to totally hijack this thread, let me stand up and say My name is Alibabwa and I'm a TV addict. Currently I'm hooked on anything Law & Order, Bones, Without a Trace, The Biggest Loser and SYTYCD Canada. I'm also desparately waiting for the Rick Mercer Show's season to start, it's the only thing that makes national elections bearable.
Quote Reply
Re: Let's Talk TV [Alibabwa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
So for SYTYCD Canada, what do you think about Emanuel Sandhu trying out? Car wreck waiting to happen? Unfair considering his skating experience? Or just really annoying as we thought he'd finally disappeared?

Not to totally hijack this thread, let me stand up and say My name is Alibabwa and I'm a TV addict. Currently I'm hooked on anything Law & Order, Bones, Without a Trace, The Biggest Loser and SYTYCD Canada. I'm also desparately waiting for the Rick Mercer Show's season to start, it's the only thing that makes national elections bearable.
Ok, Emanuel Sandhu. Wasn't a fan of his skating... though I think skating is kind of queer lol. But his heart has always been in dancing so I think it's kind of cool. Unfair? No way! Most of the dancers that get through are already professional dancers, so what's the difference?

I CAN'T WAIT for Rick Mercer to get back on!!!!

Quote | Reply
If you're not a figure skating fan then you don't know the pain of watching him win Nationals then fall flat on his face (sometimes literally) at worlds or the Olympics over and over and over ....

He's definitely a diva so, if nothing else, he will add some drama!
Quote Reply
Re: Let's Talk TV [cuds] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I like the dance show too. What kind of dance did you do? I'm a former modern dancer. Actually, they call it contemporary dance on the show for some reason. I can't tolerant the other dance show. Dancing with the stars. Maybe it's my dance snob coming to the surface.
Quote Reply
Re: Let's Talk TV [timberdick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hahah! It's totally your dance snob coming to the surface. I have the same problem! :D

I did ballet for about 18 years. Dabbled a bit in the contemporary/modern/lyrical as well, but my company was all about the ballet productions (Nutcracker every year, then Cinderella, or Copelia, or something in the spring) so I mostly stuck to that.

Prev Next