Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

NOT a goal weight
Quote | Reply
You know it is bad when even the people on a TV show's set think the stars are too skinny:

http://www.usmagazine.com/...r-too-thin-actresses

Beverly Hills, 90210 stars Jessica Stroup and Shenae Grimes are so thin that show producers and costars are poised to take action, Us Weekly reports in its latest issue, on newsstands now. "They want the girls to gain weight," a show source tells Us. "They are trying too hard to be skinny, and it's started to wear on them. It's just not healthy."

Stroup, 21, is 5-foot-8 but weighs 100 to 105 pounds while Grimes, 18, is 5-foot-3 and stands at a mere 90 pounds, Beverly Hills-based weight-management expert Dr. Joyce Peters estimates to Us.

"I've never seen Jessica or Shenae eat," another show source tells Us.

So shocking is the situation that their 90210 male costars are contemplating an intervention. "I heard some of the boys on the show are going to sit down with the girls and talk to them," an additional show source tells Us.

"The girls were all skinny when they started, but they're definitely thinner now," the source adds.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Re: NOT a goal weight [jenhs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have such a misconception of body image... they don't look too skinny to me :P

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: NOT a goal weight [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, you need to work on that. :-)

Unfortunately most triathletes are too skinny and don't set a good example.

Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I do not think I will ever have totally normal body image... it's gotten better.

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I do not think I will ever have totally normal body image... it's gotten better.
You and me both. Obviously you have a different perception than I do, but for girls our age it's sooooo much worse - especially being in a sport where so many women are rail thin.

Quote | Reply
it is also the age you are at right now.
In my 20s I would have wanted to look like them. Now I can honestly look and say eeeewww.

There is healthy thin from training (although I think some people who I see at races are too thin - but men more than women) and bony scary thin that these women are.

I have weighed as little as 55 pounds less than I am now at this height. It took a while for my perception of body image to straighten out.

---

cat
Sponsored by Suntheanine, Lycored and Celadrin
http://www.lycored.com/web/content/library.asp http://suntheanine.com/Research.cfm http://celadrin.com/pages/studies.php
Quote Reply
Re: NOT a goal weight [TriToy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh god, I just clicked the link to look at the picture. Ewww is right! Ok, those girls are WAAAY too thin. Angelina Jolie circa Tomb Raider is hot!

Quote | Reply
"our age" -- are you 21 too?

Quote Reply
Re: NOT a goal weight [cuds] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm at 'that age' ...and honestly my first thought was "I want their legs". I know it is not healthy, but I think I am getting better in my evaluations ...for example I've been kind of grossed out by Holly Hunter and Gabrielle Anwar lately. Gabrielle used to be GORGEOUS, and now she looked like a skeleton covered in over-tanned leather ...ew :-(

Right now the Gossip Girls, especially Blake Lively, have my "dream bodies". I want her hair, too ...I just chopped off eight inches of mine and already can't wait for it to get that long again.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Someone needs to get that one in the orange a sammich. She looks like a grapefruit bobbling on a toothpick shrouded in a napkin. Ish.

mmm-mmm-Momo Charms
Handmade beverage charms, jewelry, and miscellanea

http://momocharms.wordpress.com
Quote Reply
Re: NOT a goal weight [TriToy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"In my 20s I would have wanted to look like them. Now I can honestly look and say eeeewwwww."

Yeah, I'm not at that point yet.

I would not want to look like them... but I say that because I wouldn't trade my body for anyone else's; I like how I look - I like the muscle (the main reason I wouldn't want to look like them is they have no muscle, I think having some swimmer and running-shaped leg muscle is far more attractive than just plain 'thin'; and I like how my body *works,* I can run and swim at lightning speeds :D

But I don't look at those pictures and think "ewww" or "thin." Do they look thin to me? Yes. If I look at pictures of concentration camp victims, or of people in starving countries where you can literally see every bone in the body, then I can say "yes, they're emaciated." Are those girls emaciated, from a normal person's perspective? I'd just say "thin" or "skinny." Though "thin" to me has a nice tone, "skinny" doesn't, separate the letters a bit, skin-ny, like you just have skin stretched over bone... for this reason I hate when people call me "skinny," I have muscle thank you very much! But "thin" is a complimentary word. In my mixed up brain.

The only other thing I see, looking at those pictures, is that I do not know how they are wearing such revealing clothing - I remember what being that thin felt like and I was in tights, jeans, long sleeve shirt, wool sweater most of the time trying to stay warm. Where are their goosebumps?!

Last edited by: tigerchik: Sep 24, 08 14:14
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
26... still in the realm

Quote | Reply
I guess I thought you were in your 30s. Not sure why. No offense meant by that at all.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Obviously it's because I'm wonderfully mature and insightful bahahahahah :D

Quote | Reply
Ummm...I don't think that's it.

Jen

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Why do you gotta pick on kids like that?

Quote | Reply
You wouldn't understand, you're too young.

:P

Jen

Quote Reply