Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
What is/was your workout today?
Quote | Reply
I'm always interested in what workouts other people are doing...

Today was a 1:15 ride with 5x5 min hill repeats with 3 off.

I tacked it on to my commute so I did the 1:15 this AM then will ride easy home about 40 mins.

Come crawling faster
Quote Reply
Re: What is/was your workout today? [LovePugs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
50 minute run with as many hills as I could find in my neighborhood

Tomorrow is my long run - going to try for 2.5 hours, but anything over 2 is good
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a 5 mile run. I originally planned on doing it at a local park on some trails but my kitty got in a fight with another household member and her cornea was scratched. I need to get her in to see the vet so I'll do my run around the neighborhood instead.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
60-90 minute ride later, all in the small chain ring. Off-season (track) is here. Probably go out on the cross bike.

clm

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: What is/was your workout today? [trackie clm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
30 min. total conditioning class - I'd best describe it as "dynamic strength moves" we use a weighted ball... gets my arms and core pretty good.
20 min. run - I'm going to come back slowly from a miserable marathon and I don't have a lot of time today anyway.
this afternoon - lung function test to see if my 6 weeks on the inhaler improved things.
;)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am supposed to do a 1 hour easy ride on the road bike -- all in the small chain ring. But I couldn't get out of bed this morning and I have a meeting after work so it might get missed. I haven't been on my bike since IMWI.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Recovery week. Two weeks ago was getting over injury week, then taper week, now recovery week. I'm. Getting. Bored.......LOL. I'm trying to be a good girl but geez I am antsy..even after racing!

Today was 60 mins on bike w/ 10x2 min efforts. Supposed to have ez 30 min run this afternoon and tomorrow off. But, I may just get up early and do the run in the am since I just found out I have kid duty and I'm not sure I can handle another day totally off (Friday is too) and have anyone still want to live with me!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Have a 1 hour ride/45 min run brick after work - all mid-effort. Was supposed to be a 30 min swim/1 hr bike brick with 45 running early. I didn't get up early, don't need to practice transition and would benefit more from the run/bike brick. And it's my birthday, so I get to pick. So there! =)

And I'm debating picking up some cake on the way home....but that kind of runs counter-intuitive to the weight loss thing. But it's my birthday...

AW

AW
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
5000 Meters at the pool:

1 K warmup
5 x 100
2 x 50
2 x 50
2 x 50
2 x 50
2 x 50
2 x50
2 x 50
2 x 50
2 x 50
5 x 100

Then a 2 hr ride and a 40 minute run.

I thought I was tapering ;-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The hardest thing I've done today is attempt to write legibly, although later I'll be tackling laundry (with some help). I'd throw my bike on the trainer, but it's all jacked up and my shop is closed for interbike.

---------------------------------------
Awww, Katy's not all THAT evil. Only slightly evil. In a good way. - JasoninHalifax

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Swimming this afternoon, here's my goal:

Warmup:

200 swim
100 kick
200 pull

Main Set:

4x200 (100swim/100 kick) on 3:30
3x200 pull on 3:00
3x200 IM on 3:20
4x150 pull on 2:15
4x150 IM (fl/fr/bk/fr/br/fr) on 2:35

Warmdown:

100 swim
100 breast kick

my severely neglected blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ran 9.5 mi in 76:30, including 5 x 50 sec @ 5k pace.

Swam 2,300 scy, main set was 10 x 100 IM on 1:35.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: What is/was your workout today? [jess!] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am very, VERY jealous of the people swimming. I wanna swim!!!!! :(

I just got back from the gym for a little weight training action. It's so nice to back hitting the weights! Later... I haven't decided yet. There's a step class at 6, or I could row (my swimming replacement), or I could have a nice light ride, or I could do nothing and just enjoy dinner with my dad. Just don't know yet.

Quote | Reply
d, why can't you swim right now? (i feel like i read this in your blog but now i've forgotten)

my severely neglected blog
Quote Reply
Re: What is/was your workout today? [jess!] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pool is closed until October 14th (first closed Sept 2nd or something early like that). Sucks balls.

Quote | Reply
40-50 minute trainer workout, HR under 150, this evening. Long stretch with some Pilates moves mixed in afterwards.

I really wanted to lift this morning, but apparently that is a big no-no for another 2-3 weeks :-(
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was supposed to do a 75 minute easy ride this morning.. moderately hilly... however, my training partner got a flat about 20 minutes in and we just went home.

Tonight was a 4 mile easy run and a stair workout.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm trying the nike plus 10k program. I was supposed to run 7 miles. And was 1/4 short because it got too dark. I also had a foot to head crash with a very big land crab. No one was hurt. But i screamed and than was very embarrassed. The husband had dinner on the table when i got home. (And didn't complain, like someone else I know) Sorry I could not help myself.
Quote Reply
Re: What is/was your workout today? [cuds] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
oh that's no fun :-(

The big excitement at my pool is new diving blocks! We've had real blocks forEVER - they just got new fancy one that are not actual blocks... they're REALLY high up. Quite flashy looking, all new and stuff.

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
An ass-kicking 60 min spin class, followed by some core and stability work.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I ended up getting 4.5 miles on the tmill. Man, I am so out of shape!

Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
After reading some of those workouts I feel lazy.

I just did a 38 min run (I'm slowly adding minutes to my 6x/wk run to build a base. I suck.)

Later I need to hit the Y and swim whatever is on the Masters swim board (or as much of it as I can get done in the time I have)

I also need to do 20 min core.

I hope not to do like last week when I blew off the swim completely.

There is no justice, there is only me. -- Death
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For Wednesday:

V02 Max run workout: 10' warm-up, 3 x 5' @ 10k pace, 3' rest between. 10' cool-down.

Jen

Quote Reply
Re: What is/was your workout today? [jenhs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've got hills today! My favorite run since the hill is right next to my house and there's a 500(ish) meter path on the other side of my house to warm up on. Doesn't get much easier than that! Well, except for running the hills :)

Quote | Reply
I ran 6.5 mi easy (51 min) and swam 1200 yds.

how is 10k pace vo2 max? 5k pace maybe, 10k pace should be below your vo2 max

Quote Reply

Prev Next