Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
What's on tap for this weekend?
Quote | Reply
What's going on for the weekend?

I'm driving up to Phoenix after work to see my friend and godson. Forcing friend and her hubbie to go have dinner together (son is 4 mos).

Spending some of Saturday with her then doing the Nathan sprint tri on Sun.

Then Sunday is going to be some much needed cleaning of the new apt.

I hope everyone has a great weekend!!

Come crawling faster
Quote Reply
Re: What's on tap for this weekend? [LovePugs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I got a long ride scheduled for the morning (5 hours) and then nothing scheduled the rest of the weekend. I love having off weekends where we can just do whatever we feel like doing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nice 15K run on saturday with a friend.

Going mountain biking w/ the hubby on Sunday - should be fun as I haven't gone all year! Me thinks the trees and I will become well acquainted!

And like you, some much need cleaning of closests over the weekend. I start a new job on Monday and need to break out the fall clothes!

Enjoy the weekend everyone!

Proud member of the Guru Cartel, EH!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've got a 6 hrs ride on Saturday & a 3 hrs run on Sunday... yikes!

my support:

Pacific Multisport
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tonight I plan to hit the pool.

Saturday - I have to work all day. But the job location is in a nice place for a ride so I may try to get there an hour to an hour and half early and get a short ride in before I start my construction oversight activities.

Sunday -- Volunteering at an aid station for a 20-mile Chicago Marathon Training run in the early am. Following that up with a kayak lesson. I have been asked to be on a relay for a kayak race next weekend so I need to refresh my kayak skills. I kayaked twice in high school and once in college.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think your weekend sounds better than mine!!

Pool tonight
2.5 hr run tomorrow
5 hr bike Sunday (w/a 20 min recovery run)

As much sleep, college football and cold medicine as I can handle in-between!

Have a great weekend everyone!

AW
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in LA visiting one of my best friends and her hubby/toddler. We're doing LA stuff, movie, shopping, eating, laying by the pool and looking glamorous. ;-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
2 birthdays to bookend, a wedding and a cyclocross race in between. Will be covering a few hundred miles inthe process.

---------------------------------------
Awww, Katy's not all THAT evil. Only slightly evil. In a good way. - JasoninHalifax

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Two long run/walks this weekend. Three hours on Saturday and 2 on Sunday. Might be helping Erika out on Sunday at the Kirkland Tri if she needs an extra set of hands.

I need to clean the bathroom and kitchen. Hubby will be recruited for those. Going through the closets is a good idea but I'm not sure I'm willing to give up on warm weather yet :-(

Otherwise, planting my butt on the couch with a cat or two. Occasionally a dog will rotate through as well.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Re: What's on tap for this weekend? [Katy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
2 birthdays to bookend, a wedding and a cyclocross race in between. Will be covering a few hundred miles inthe process.

Fri: Going to race at the velodrome and taking the mini-Katy with me. We plan to indocrinate her in track and taco trucks.

Sat: Riding the rollers until the mini-Katy wakes up. Then laundry and bagels and coffee and a pedicure. Wedding and party later.

Sun: RACE CROSS! Then stop by the track on the way home for a fund raiser. Drink a little beer.

Covering the same few hundred miles that Katy will be. Maybe more with the trip to the track tonight.

clm

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: What's on tap for this weekend? [jenhs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Occasionally a dog will rotate through as well.
----------------
OMG I don't know why but that is so freaking funny...

Getting my energy up to drive to Phoenix, which in my opinion, on a Friday afternoon, is hell on earth...

I got my new Splish bikini with skulls on it in the mail today... woo hoo!!! Can't wait for swim practice next weekend to wear it..

Come crawling faster
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hopefully printing a run of t-shirts before packing up the tribabe.com roadshow for an event. I have some cute new ones I can't wait to share but I need to load them on my web site first.

Saturday, spectating age group nationals at Hagg Lake, cheering for a dear friend who's in town from Texas. Driving north to Kirkland afterward, hoping desperately to get to Nordstrom before closing time, I need moisturizer in a bad way.

Sunday, setting up tribabe.com roadshow at Kirkland tri, hoping to have a good sales day since the season is almost over and I've worked my butt off all summer. Get to drive home 4.5 hours after and will likely rest on couch with the dog for whatever remains of the day.

I've had marathon weekends all summer, I'm either on the road or in the woods (literally) so I'm almost looking forward to the rainy season so I can get some rest. It's been a great summer!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am sick, so resting and trying to get better.

I went to a gentle yoga class tonight and that felt good.

oh, homework. how did I forget to put that first?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That is exactly what happens too. It is like they move through on some kind of paceline.

Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's raining = 6 hrs ride on the trainer!

my support:

Pacific Multisport
Quote Reply
Re: What's on tap for this weekend? [Alexia] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Funny... I was JUST thinking about you as I was on my way to work in the pouring rain. That sucks the big one.

Quote | Reply
Yes it does sucks big time! I was sort of planning for rain anyway so I've got stuff to watch. My longest ride ever on the trainer was 5 1/2 ... but since a trainer is a more efficient workout I may cut it to 5 hrs ...we'll see, I'll get back to you later today!!! I just hope it's dry tomorrow for my 3 hrs run (no way I'll run 3 hrs on a treadmill!)

my support:

Pacific Multisport
Quote Reply
Re: What's on tap for this weekend? [cuds] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
why are yo working on a Saturday?

my support:

Pacific Multisport
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I started taking Thursday's off so that I can break up my long workouts. I was hating life doing both of them on the weekend. Depending what my new coach says that may change again, but I make my schedule how ever I want it so for now I'm rolling like this.

You should just run in the rain. Sooooo refreshing (can you tell I'm a true Vancouverite hehe) :)

Quote | Reply
Who's your coach? If it rains tomorrow I'll run outside anyway but I prefer when it's dry ...but for some reason I always end up training for an Ironman when the weather is really crappy here (IMAZ 07 & Nov 08)!

my support:

Pacific Multisport
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The coach will officially be named when I get back from Kona :). For right now I'm just doing what I want - thinking about the Seattle Half, but not holding my breath on it.

We gotta get you doing IMC. Perfect time of year for good summer training!

Quote | Reply
I just did a 3 hour run in the pouring cold rain. It sucked. But, I got a big soy latte and scone from Starbucks afterwards so all is right with the world once again. I have another run tomorrow and I think it will be more of the same weather. I gotta get used to it so I tell myself to suck it up Princess!

Jen

Quote Reply
Re: What's on tap for this weekend? [cuds] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm SICK OF STUDYING

all this work to do: a quiz for my pre med class on Tues (pathophysiology of asthma, a couple of dermatology questions... something else...). Bunch of stuff to read for working on my thesis, have to read someone else's thesis and write a quick summary of the content/methods/structure of that, for my "how to write your thesis" class. Couple chapters to read from "How To Write a BA Thesis" for the same class. Physics to study, test Thursday. Don't want to study!!!!

though I felt well enough to swim this morning, and do my foam roll-hip strength-shoulder strength routine after. Visited my grandparents.

back to work :P

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: What's on tap for this weekend? [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just got a great weight workout done in the middle of my work day. And I sure am glad I quit school lol.

Quote | Reply
So, I lasted only 5hrs ...

my support:

Pacific Multisport
Quote Reply

Prev Next