Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Confessions of a 43 year old "Hills" addict
Quote | Reply
I am beyond pathetic. I know this. But I can't stop watching. I wonder, how did it come to this?

I've tried, lord knows, to break this ridiculous habit. I tell myself, these women are vacuous, daddy's girl's, 20-something MORONS with no concept of reality and why do i give a fuck, but for some reason, I just can't stop myself from watching this train wreck. Nothing ever even happens on this stupid SHOW!!!! Yet every Monday I find myself slinking off to the other TV room as to not humiliate myself in front of my boyfriend. Seriously, I involuntarily start drooling when i hear Natasha Beddingfield, like some I've done too many shots at Les Deux with Frankie and Brody... it's disgusting.

Ocassionally I have a 15 year old on which I can place the blame if need be (shameless, yes I know.) But I feel guilty dragging her down to my addiction.

Clearly, ladies, I need help. Help me stop The Hills madness for once and for all. I am open to suggestions to curb this evil habit.
Quote Reply
Re: Confessions of a 43 year old "Hills" addict [sto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Clearly you have not read our TV thread as we will be absolutely no help.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Re: Confessions of a 43 year old "Hills" addict [jenhs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Damn.

I have to admit I haven't been on ST for a couple of days as I was out of town (spoiled brat mode ON) as my Mom took me and my sister to the resort / spa / girls trip in Arizona for 5 days. Yes, it was very relaxing, and I did not even bring my laptop. Which I will not take with me anymore on vacation.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oh.

I thought this thread would be about biking and running up hills,

for which I am a total addict.

(I have never seen "The Hills" on TV so sorry I can't be more helpful :))
Quote Reply
Re: Confessions of a 43 year old "Hills" addict [Oleander] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thems good too! i live in the Rockies, ain't gotta choice on THOSE Hills.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If I had known you'd be in AZ we could have watched it, then rode Mt. Lemmon, thereby getting all our "hills" addictions taken care of. ;-)

Hehe... I'm a 34 year old Hills addict. Here are my thoughts so far

Is Justin Bobby a different person this season? He seems a little less tool-ish. Of course I just remembered he stood Audrina up at her party after telling her that if it would benefit her, he'd do it.

I think Holly is.... how do I say it... ODD

Not sure what to make of Stephanie, she seems to be a true friend to Lauren, but then the whole Doug fiasco is coming up next week.

I can't believe I just admitted all this...

Come crawling faster
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
First of all, I don't think it matters if you watch some mindless TV show. It doesn't mean that you're mindless. We all need a little dirt and trash in our lives!

However, if this is truly a problem for you, just make plans for 2 Mondays in a row so there's no way you can watch it. Sometimes you just need to get away from it and then you realize how little it really matters to you. When the writers strike was on, I stopped watching some shows and then when they came back on I realized that I really didn't want to watch them anymore. Breaking that habit for a few weeks will help you break it for good, I think.
Quote Reply
Re: Confessions of a 43 year old "Hills" addict [DawnT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
>>However, if this is truly a problem for you, just make plans for 2 Mondays in a row so there's no way you can watch it. <<

DVR

Though I don't watch The Hills, but I do DVR too many other shows!

clm

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: Confessions of a 43 year old "Hills" addict [trackie clm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I heart DVR...

Come crawling faster
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Haha - that is too funny!

But do you watch "The Hills - Aftershow"? Because it is even better than The Hills itself.
Quote Reply
Re: Confessions of a 43 year old "Hills" addict [LovePugs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OMG. Your addiction is about as bad as mine.

But don't get me started on Justin Bobby! Perhaps they have edited him in the past to seem like a mindless dolt. Perhaps he just didn't realize how vapid he seemed and someone told him he looked like an idiot in the other seasons, so he's actually opening his Neanderthal mouth when he speals this year this season. I dunno. Good lord, Audrina could do alot better (she's no rocket scientist but Justin Bobby is a self-absorbed JERK!)

I DO like Stephanie. She is seems to have a brain and understands how to be friends to both Spiedi and LC.

I am ready to cram a stilleto into Heidi's eye socket. How does she not get that Spencer is a control-freak???? He constantly alienates anyone she gets close to and makes her choose between him and her friends, and now, family. WTF?

8:00 tonight. I'll be slinking off to the basement. Thanks goodness for MNFootball. The BF will be absorbed and won't notice my 30 minute absence. I guess it is time for Tivo...
Quote Reply
Re: Confessions of a 43 year old "Hills" addict [XsmallGiant] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have watched the aftershow once or twice, but I have a modicom of dignity, so the guilt prevents me from sliding down that slippery slope.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Want to speculate on why Justin Bobby flaked on Audrina? Another girl? Too high? hehe... he seemed like he was all for supporting her then turns around and stands her up... some of the entertainment shows have said that she moves out of the house, which is prolly better, cuz like she said to Lo "We'll never be friends." Poor Audrina.. I like her.

Yippee yippee Monday! Gossip Girl and the Hills!

Someone help me now... I use my brain all day so I like me some mindless entertainment every so often.

I don't watch the Aftershow though...

Where's instigator? I know her addiction is just as bad ;-)

Come crawling faster
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kinda like my addiction to Perezhilton.com. I hate to admit it, but it's true... I try to check it almost every day. Bah!
Quote Reply