Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Help!! My shoes stink!!
Quote | Reply
Wow! Talk about clearing a room! I wear NorthWave Tribals and these things are impressively stinky by this point in the year! I don't wear socks when I train or when I race (I know, there's most of the problem) and have had a couple of wet, rainy rides this year (compounding the issue). My dogs won't even come near these things!

So how (or do you) try to de-stink your shoes? I know, the funk gives them "character", but at this point my shoes could be on Broadway!! I can't stand the smell of Febreeze, so I'm hoping someone has some other clever idea!!

AW

AW
Quote Reply
Re: Help!! My shoes stink!! [AWARE] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

After a race I usually soak my shoes in a wash basin filled with vinegar and baking soda overnight. I rinse them well and repeat if they are really bad, like after Ironman!! I have also used Mr. Clean or ammonia mixed with water. But I think the baking soda does a good job as well. Hope that helps!

Michelle

http://www.ironmom141.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My sidi shoes got a funk earlier this season. I soaked them in hot water with a cap full of bleach overnight. Now, when I finish riding, I take out the insoles and leave them on the back porch to air dry.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I pull out the insoles and soak them in bleach and water. Then rinse and set them out to dry.

"your horse is too high" - tigerchik
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My beloved Sidi's stank to high heaven after my first IM cuz I had peed in them. I used Woolite Pet Stain & Odor Remover--sprayed it all over the shoes and Voila! stink was gone.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Take out the insoles, Lysol them and your shoes. Then put everything out in the sun for a day. I've done the same thing with Febreeze but you say you hate that. :) Good luck!
Quote Reply
Re: Help!! My shoes stink!! [Hid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I should have typed "diluted bleach" about 9 parts water to 1 part bleach.

"your horse is too high" - tigerchik
Quote Reply