Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

You know things are out of control when...
Quote | Reply
...you go to do your laundry and find stuff in the hamper you forgot you even owned.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Re: You know things are out of control when... [jenhs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That is such an awesome feeling.

I had a different but similar experience this morning when I went to get dressed. For the first time on Saturday in along time, I didn't need workout clothes. I almost couldn't find the normal clothes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ah, yes. I recently found a shirt I had bought a month or so ago in a bag that was shoved somewhere. I got rid of TONS of clothes last year when I moved, but I still have way too much stuff.
Quote Reply
Re: You know things are out of control when... [QRgirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, I found a couple things with the tags still on them. Horrible I'm also going to get a new dresser with another drawer. I suppose I should purge this fall. It is so much work though.

Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just stumbled across some Thorlo socks, still in the mailing package, that I must have bought last winter??? I am stoked!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am doing my purging little by little - like today I put a pile of tshirts for my sons to go through (cotton ones) as now I train in tech shirts and don't have the same use for cotton ones, so only kept my absolute favorites. Amazing how training and racing have changed my wardrobe....

now that I am back to my old size I am purging the larger stuff, and some of the old stuff from when I was married as it is no longer my style.....

trying to be ruthless - and anything that has gone through a couple of years without being worn - bye bye....

but I do it in little bits....

I think I could spend a whole month at home going through the kids' clothes, my clothes and all the paper work and then MAYBE I would be caught up and organized....sigh...I need someone to keep me....

---

cat
Sponsored by Suntheanine, Lycored and Celadrin
http://www.lycored.com/web/content/library.asp http://suntheanine.com/Research.cfm http://celadrin.com/pages/studies.php
Quote Reply
Re: You know things are out of control when... [CatIsTriing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I occasionally cut up the old cotton t-shirts into semi-disposable rags that I then use to clean my bike(s).

There is no justice, there is only me. -- Death
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've been looking all summer for a metro style dress I loved to wear. I found it last week at the bottom of my dry clean pile- which means it has been there since last summer. I really dislike having to go to the dry cleaners.
Quote Reply
Re: You know things are out of control when... [nutty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Haha! Awesome! I found one sock from a pair that I love. I was so excited because I finally have the pair!

Jen

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We have a nice division of labor in our house. I am the laundress so luckily we don't have frightening things in the laundry basket. And it gets me out of the food shopping, which is my SO's assignment. Considering we both train, and have to shop every two or three days, I think I got a good deal. Though of course with two dogs, one horse, and two people training, the laundry does typically get done every day.

And I'd just like to say you got it easy. My sister and her husband went to my other brother's house to take care of his kids for the weekend. My brother-in-law, who also happens to be the laundress in that family, was sorting the kids' clothes in the hamper and checking the pockets before he started the wash. He found a half eaten hot dog in a bun in my nephew's pants pocket. Eww.

So just consider yourself lucky if all you found in your hamper was stuff you forgot about. It could have been worse... much worse!

BrokenSpoke
Quote Reply