Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Who'll be at Black Diamond this weekend? [jess!] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll be looking for you and your sister, Jess!

AP, I looked for you but I was in too much of a stupor to notice much. The swim and the bike went great for me, but the run was terrible. My choices were to run/walk or quit. Seriously, I couldn't run more than 40-80 steps at a time without a walk break. I chose the former and was able to squeak in under 6. For whatever reason my head just started swimming and getting fuzzy around mile 3 of the run. I drank at each aide station, but CLEARLY I need to figure out some nutritional details. I probably could have used some gu, but the thought of sweet just turned my stomach and I couldn't bring myself to take another Cliffshot. My legs actually felt pretty good...it was my dang head. I'm still really happy about the race, though.

Hope to see you all tomorrow. My son came for the end of the tri today and I think he's really excited to give it a go. It's gonna be a hoot to race with him!

CinDee
Quote Reply
Re: Who'll be at Black Diamond this weekend? [cid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OH man, I hear ya. I had a so-so swim, a decent enough bike (felt OK that is) and a horrible run. I had to hit the portapotties twice and the bushes once on that run! and again right after the finish. Apparently soy and I do NOT get a long well. Lessons learned.

Phil had a great race - I had told him to take 5min off his Apple OLY time, and he did exactly that!

AP

Oh yeah, we watched the 1/2 on Sat, and while watching T1 we saw one woman spend almost 10min dicking around witha shirt and armwarmers and a jacket and toque and aerohelmet and putting on shades and taking off shades and putting on shades and dropping the lenses out of the shades and putting them back in and putting the shades on and taking them off and putting them on and taking them off and taking off the aerohelmet (while bike was unracked I noted) and taking off the toque and putting on the aerohelmet and putting on the shades and taking them off and putting them on... It was so painful to watch.

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Last edited by: AndyPants: Sep 15, 08 7:59
Quote Reply
Re: Who'll be at Black Diamond this weekend? [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
oof, sorry about your GI issues. I had the same thing happen at the BD half last year. I made friends with all the bushes around Enumclaw and it resulted in about a 2 hour run.

My race went pretty well considering I'm only three weeks off of IMC. I was out of the water towards the front and was leading the race by the turn-around on the bike. I got caught around mile 1 of the run by a girl who I knew could out-run me by about :40/mile but managed to hold on for second place. Results aren't up yet but I think my splits were something like

1/2 mile swim: 12:44
11.5 mile bike: 30:06
2.9(?) mile run: 20:45
total: 1:06:xx

my severely neglected blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nice work! Those are some nice splits! :-)

AP

------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pics please :D

Quote | Reply
I am at school now but I will pull the pics off of the camera and put them up on my flickr page tonight. My buddy Blake told me I get the "not taking yourself too seriously award."

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jess...nice work! I was looking for you, the aero helmet, and the notorious outfit but there were just too many people! Plus I had to help my son so I was pretty occupied. Your run last year sounds like mine this year.

AP...I looked for you again, but no go. Too bad about the icky GI. Coke or ginger ale or pretzels would sure be nice at the aid stations.

It was a fun weekend and racing with my son was a thrill. I loved sharing the experience of tri with him. He had a really strong swim and bike and good run. He needed a few walk breaks, but despite that he said he'd do it again next year. He wore his finishers medal all day yesterday and he wore shorts to school today...I'm sure it was to show off the body marks!

CinDee
Quote Reply
Re: Who'll be at Black Diamond this weekend? [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry that I missed you all.

I'm the loser who tried to exit T1 via the "bike in" mat. Lucky that I didn't get DQed. Some combination of being sea-sick on the swim and having poor vision got my all confused in T1. I had it in my head that the sprint/try-a-tri folks were using a completely different transition area.

Other than that, my results were consistent with my current fitness level and training. I loved the last couple of miles of the run course. The loop around the lake was great!
Quote Reply
Re: Who'll be at Black Diamond this weekend? [cid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thx, yeah I dropped from 3rd to 9th in my AG on that "shitty" run (pun completely intended). But that's ok. I can get over that ;-)

I can't wait til K is old enough to do a race... a few more years to go on that one...

AP

------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: Who'll be at Black Diamond this weekend? [cuds] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
booyah!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oh my god. I love you! Is that a splish? I'm gonna need one STAT!

Quote | Reply
ha ha yeah it is. It was surprisingly comfy to race in. I want to order the men's version for B but I know he would never wear it.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've got waaaaay too much boobage to be running in a Splish, but I foresee myself wearing it at the pool. All those old folks I swim with at lunch time will have even more reason to give me nasty looks muwahahaha :)

Quote | Reply
ha ha yeah, I don't really have the boobage problem although sometimes I wish I did. I can't wait to see what my masters team has to say about this one.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Love it! That is wickedly funny!

------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
booyah!

That rocks - I didn't know they made that pattern for the womens as well.

I've only seen Mike Lovato in it...

<edited 'cause I lubs da womens...>

<If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough>
Get Fitter!
Proud member of the Smartasscrew, MONSTER CLUB
Get your FIX today?
Last edited by: Khai: Sep 17, 08 9:34
Quote Reply

Prev Next