Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Who'll be at Black Diamond this weekend?
Quote | Reply
P and I will be there, doing the OLY, anyone else around???

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: Who'll be at Black Diamond this weekend? [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Unfortunately I won't be able to make it down :-(

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good luck!!
Quote Reply
Re: Who'll be at Black Diamond this weekend? [DawnT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks! I'm going to need it - I did something to my back late Sunday and spent Monday and half of Tuesday laying on the floor. It's feeling a lot better now, enough so that I'm going to go for a powerwalk at lunch (too early to run I think - don't want to risk it). Plus I had to get my wetsuit repaired after I stupidly put my nails almost entirely thru the thigh last weekend. Just waiting for the chain on my bike to snap or something ;-)

AP

------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm out as well. Have an awesome race!

M

------------------------------------------------------------
The beatings will continue until morale improves
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I usually just lurk around here, but thought I'd pipe in to say I'll be doing the half on Saturday and the try-it tri with my youngest son on Sunday. This is my first time at this distance and I'm excited/nervous, and this is my son's first tri. I was going to do the oly, but I really wanted to race with my son so that left the half. I figured, "Why not?" I think it's going to be a fun weekend.

So, if you see a 12-year old kid/mom combo walking around, that's probably us!! I'd love to meet you! I hope your back is feeling better and have a great race!!

CinDee
Last edited by: cid: Sep 10, 08 12:26
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
hey andy - unfortunately, i'm not going to make it this weekend. have a great time and look after your back!! hopefully we'll catch up one of these days.

cindee - good luck on saturday and have FUN with your son on sunday. that's so cool!

hallie
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Andy..

Good luck this weekend! Is P racing too?

my support:

Pacific Multisport
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Me! I heard that it's been pretty hot down there. Forecast in the 26ºC range for the weekend. I'm doing the olympic on Sunday and staying with relatives in the area. Hopefully I'll finally be able to put a face to a name. I'm number 187 in a Blue 2XU kit.

Good luck!
Quote Reply
Re: Who'll be at Black Diamond this weekend? [cid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We'll be out cheering on Saturday, I'll likely be wearing my Xantusia team gear (Orange shirt with a lizard on it LOL), and have crazy blonde curly hair, P has no hair except on his face! ;-)

GOOD LUCK!!!

AP

PS: What's your ride?

------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: Who'll be at Black Diamond this weekend? [Alexia] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeppers, both of us doing the OLY on Sunday. Should be good times. AP

------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: Who'll be at Black Diamond this weekend? [banana] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey! Hopefully we'll see you! I'm riding a Cervelo Soloist and Phil rides a black Cannondale. If I get my Xantusia race kit in time, I'll be wearing it. Otherwise a blue-green top. and I'm stoked about the weather!

Wheee!

AP

------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm on a Merlin with 404s. To acheive my full poseur status, I've got a maple leaf and my name on the top tube. :)
Quote Reply
Re: Who'll be at Black Diamond this weekend? [banana] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You rock. We have shark tattoos on our calves so we stick out like dorks. ;-)

------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll be riding a black Felt, red tape on the bars. It's an older model that my hubby found on ebay. It's been a great bike and I've been practicing all week on it...we did a lot of road stuff this summer so I had to get used to aero. Plus I had to practice eating and drinking without weaving too much!! I'm not on any team. I'll just be in my black shorts, orange tank, and promotion wetsuit.

This has been a year of firsts for me. I did a run series at the beginning of the year (never did pure running races before), my husband and I did RAMROD (I highly recommend...it was a great experience), I'm trying my hand (legs?) at cyclocross this fall, and now I'm trying out a half iron distance. It's less "fear of the unkown" as it is "ignorance is bliss"!!

I'll look for you on Saturday.

CinDee
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll be there. I'm doing the sprint (my excuse is that i'm 3 weeks off of an IM), my sister is doing the oly (her first!), and my mom is doing the olympic duathlon. You can pick me out by my giant tattoo on my arm and the fact that I'll be probably the only dork in the sprint with a disc and an aero helmet.

my severely neglected blog
Quote Reply
Re: Who'll be at Black Diamond this weekend? [jess!] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I'll be probably the only dork in the sprint with a disc and an aero helmet.
OMG! I want to be there just to see that! :P

Quote | Reply
Good luck at Black Diamond. It looks like a great race. Do a race report next week so i can live vicariously through you. I'll be here in hot as heck South Texas waiting to see what happens with Hurricane Ike. Although it's now a cat 4 storm, I think we will only get the South edge of it. Good luck to P. as well.
Quote Reply
Re: Who'll be at Black Diamond this weekend? [diva] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I bet! I see the latest track is not too far from y'all in C.C.... hope it veers away or loses strength (somehow).

A

------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey I raced in an Elma race with a disc and an aero helmet... but I guess they were Jess' disc and helmet that I borrowed. And I won so it was ok :) And as Jess said, I'll be there doing my first oly.
Last edited by: Lucy!: Sep 13, 08 11:37
Quote Reply
Re: Who'll be at Black Diamond this weekend? [Lucy!] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And p.s. Jess will also be noticeable because of the "outfit" she'll be wearing tomorrow. You'll understand when you see it.
Quote Reply
Re: Who'll be at Black Diamond this weekend? [Lucy!] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There better be pictures for those of us who can't make it down! :-D Good luck on your first oly, I'm sure you'll do great.

M

------------------------------------------------------------
The beatings will continue until morale improves
Quote Reply
Re: Who'll be at Black Diamond this weekend? [mdraegernyc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
she's my little sister so she better do great or else she's not getting a ride home.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You're sister just outed you on you "outfit". I want to hear more about it... and there better be pics!

Quote | Reply
don't worry, there will be since brandon's volunteered to be our official photographer. Trust me, it's pretty funny.

Quote Reply

Prev Next