Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Let's Talk TV
Quote | Reply
OK, so in response to Jenhs post, here goes, a new, hopefully peaceful topic....

I'm coming outta the closet now that fall's here. I'm a closet TV-aholic. I just love recording 'em all and then when it's o'dark hundred and I'm stuck on the drainer/dreadmill makes it a little more tolerable.

Summer had me going a bit with Monk -- really, which of us cannot help but love the obsessive compulsive detective?

But I'm itching for the season to start as I'm addicted to the Law and Orders, Criminal Minds, CSIs, Bones....

Oy, I work in the criminal justice system ya'd think I'd get enough of that story line.....

So what's your poison?
Quote Reply
Re: Let's Talk TV [cindyloohoo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh lord, I'm a total TV addict. I watch it all evening. It is really shameful.

I love the Law & Orders, CSIs, Bones, etc. I'm also a huge ER fan and can't wait to see how the show wraps up this season.

The Office is my fav comedy but My Name is Earl is pretty darn funny too.

Have you seen Eureka? LOVE that show!

If I ever need a catharsis I watch America's Funniest Home Videos. I get laughing so hard I cry.

Right now the hubby and I are working our way through Lost season 3. We also get the entire seasons of 24 all at the same time and watch them straight through.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dancing With the Stars
America's Next Top Model
The Contender - Muay Thai
Project Runway
The Biggest Loser
Top Chef

Yes, I have high-brow taste.

Also, The Office. Love that show. And 30 Rock.

Sometimes Law & Order, though with Jesse Martin gone, I don't like it as much.

clm

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: Let's Talk TV [trackie clm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Biggest Loser

YES!!! I can't wait for it to start!

Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Re: Let's Talk TV [jenhs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Biggest Loser, of course. So You Think You Can Dance is always the highlight of my year. As a former semi-pro dancer it's so awesome to watch. Of course, every single episode I cry at least once. At least.

Quote | Reply
Good to be among so many fellow Bones fans. I just downloaded a song called Fault Line by Black Rebel Motorcycle Club from one of the 2007 episodes. Gorgeous song. Like Booth:)

I also like The Closer, House, and Project Runway (although I think this season is a little weak). I'm also an HGTV addict, especially Divine Design and House Hunters.
Quote Reply
Re: Let's Talk TV [AmyCO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did you guys ever watch Angel? Buffy spin-off. I really like David Boreanaz, funny and hunky.

Jen

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I like me some TV. :-)

The three I have on TiVo are:
Burn Notice (we have been gone so much lately, I've only seen the first two eps...)
House
Bones

I will also give Heroes and Terminator another shot this year, but really wasn't exceptionally excited about either of them last year. I am also TiVoing Fringe, which starts tonight.

mmm-mmm-Momo Charms
Handmade beverage charms, jewelry, and miscellanea

http://momocharms.wordpress.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't really watch anything religiously. Mostly I just use TV to zone out for an hour or so before bed. My favorite show is The Office, but I often miss it because it's right around the time my kids are going to bed. I'm really enjoying The Cleaner lately. It's on late, so I can usually get to see it. My DD was watching Jon and Kate Plus 8 last night and I thought it was hilarious. I can't imagine raising that many little kids at the same time. The kids are adorable and the parents are very upfront about stuff.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Did you guys ever watch Angel? Buffy spin-off. I really like David Boreanaz, funny and hunky.

I have both angel and Buffy on DVD. Love them both-for different reasons.

If you liked those, check out Firefly. Fabulous show.

mmm-mmm-Momo Charms

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
When does it start?? I saw a commercial for it but didn't catch the start date. I like that show!

Along with...

How I Met Your Mother

2 And Half Men

Extreme Home Makeover

Pretty much any cheesey tv show :)

Proud member of the Guru Cartel, EH!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
-Burn Notice!!!!!
-Gossip Girl (true guilty pleasure)
-Monk
-Psych
-The Closer
-Project Runway
-America's Next Top Model
-Pushing Daisies
-Bones
-Mythbusters
-all the Law and Orders
-CSIs: New York and original ...not a fan of Miami
-just about anything on Food Network, especially Good Eats

...I'm beginning to think I have a problem...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Project Runway
Weeds
Entourage
Biggest Loser---although, is it bad that for some reason I'm usually pounding chips, goldfish, or something snacky when I'm watching this??

I cannot wait for Rescue Me to start again. We're even DVRing the "minisodes"!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
All of my Oregon friends are anti-tv. We have a big screen. Yeah baby! My favorites:

The Office
Project Runway
So You Think You Can Dance
Tapout
The Daily Show
John and Kate + 8
Run's House
True Life
The Amazing Race
60 Minutes
The Contender
Any cycling or swimming events get recorded on our dvr.

I wouldn't admit to watching Survivor, American Idol, or the Bachelorette.
Quote Reply
Re: Let's Talk TV [trailbait] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We've got a 47' flatscreen LCD HDTV that we stood in line at 4:30am the day after Thanksgiving to get. Saved $500. My husband was mortified that I dragged him out there with all the "commoners" but it was hilarious. I don't need to ever do it again but it was quite the experience in consumerism.

We'll have to start threads on the shows once the season gets started. TV junkies unite!!

Jen

Quote Reply
Re: Let's Talk TV [trailbait] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
>>All of my Oregon friends are anti-tv.<<

OMG, Erika that is so funny because for the longest time, I kept secret about my addiction.

Have you noticed how some like to feel so superior that they abhor TV and will not watch TV?

PUHLEEZE, my reply now is, well, gee, I train 10-12 hrs a week, read books, volunteer, I ain't 'poligizing for nuthin'!!!

I was dragged to the movies by my 12 y/o niece and frankly, some TV is so much better than a $10 movie!

>>>>>Oh, I forgot one series that's killing me Season 2 isn't on DVD The Tudors (we don't have Showtime)
The costumes and scenery were amazing, and I'm also a nerdy history buff as well. Ok, well, that, and it's not too painful to look at Jonathan Rhys Myers & his naked butt over and over again.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
lol- that was my hub-he went for a 52" in the big great room and a 42" in our sitting room- frankly now they are really waaaaay tooo big..... but I digress:
I love-Weeds!!!!!!
Greatest American Dog
any Amazing Race( I want to be a team on it)
Big Brother- great study in sociology/psychology
LOST!
and my guilty admission Gossip Girl-xoxo
used to watch Oprah in the pm but haven't missed it for an entire year-kinda like soaps which I gave up years ago
My Name is Earl-freakin hilarious
I'll watch the Office or 30 Rock if I don't have any of the above
watch Greys Anatomy faithfully
and now enjoy Hopkins too
we usually Tivo everything and play catchup and pass on the commercials :)
Quote Reply
Re: Let's Talk TV [Leloo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Glad to see someone else likes Psych. I LOVE that show!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello! My name is Deanna and I am a teen drama junkie. Sometime I really think I have a serious problem.

My tivo season pass looks something like this:
One Tree Hill
Gossip Girl
Greek
America's Next Top Model
the Hills
Heros

I also dig the crime and medical dramas so I also tivo:
CSI (vegas only)
Bones
House

And I will watch any Law and Order series.

I LOVE TV!! I can't tell you how excited I was to find a whole weeks worth of shows yesterday afternoon since I was with family or IMWI all last week.
Last edited by: instigator: Sep 10, 08 9:13
Quote Reply
Re: Let's Talk TV [instigator] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone catch Fringe last night? Looks like it could turn into a pretty good show. Of course it was followed by "hoke in the wall" of which I was able to watch less than 40 seconds of before becoming violently ill.

Jim

**Note above poster works for a retailer selling bikes and related gear*
Quote Reply
Re: Let's Talk TV [Jim] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I TiVo'd it. I've been on a book binge lately, but as soon as I finish up the series I'm reading (prolly tomorrow), I'll be catching up with Burn Notice, Fringe, and BONES! (Doesn't it start tonight?)

mmm-mmm-Momo Charms

Quote Reply
Re: Let's Talk TV [instigator] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are you going to watch the new 90210? I've heard its horrible. I'd like to see a new Melrose Place :-)

Jen

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Are you going to watch the new 90210? I've heard its horrible. I'd like to see a new Melrose Place :-)
I watched part of the premiere last Thursday night as I didn't get to catch the actual premiere on Tuesday due to our local channel showing a baseball game and thought it was ok. But I feel asleep before the it was over so that might not be a good sign. But I am planning on watching a couple of more episodes before I rule it out. Once again, we had a baseball game on last night so 90210 wasn't on till after 10pm so it is on my tivo to watch over the weekend. I just want to like it....

Now a new Melrose Place, that would also be awesome!
Quote Reply
Re: Let's Talk TV [Jim] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I saw fringe last night. Rather, the bubby DVR'd it, and we watched it later. It was fun, some action. I do watch quite a bit of tv. I'll definitely give this one a few episodes to trap me into watching!

Other favs:
BATTLESTAR GALACTICA! come on, womens, this is an awesome series. you're missing out if you haven't seen it. I love it when the series creator has the whole story arc in mind, and ends the series when the story is over. this next season is the last one. Can't wait!!
Biggest loser
so you think you can dance
Daily show
House
Eureka
Stargate
(Firefly was good! wish they'd make more of these!!!)
Terminator - can't help it, my husband worked on pilot episodes, so now we have to watch. :)

I'll watch these but don't record
Er, Law and order, Bones, CSI
Quote Reply
Re: Let's Talk TV [Meowelk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My favorites

Amazing Race
Biggest loser
Numbers
So you think you can dance

I dislike most of what is on TV now so i channel surf a lot

Jim