Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Healthy way to "detox" from crap food? [jenhs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Actually a lot can be said for simply programming your mind. I have my good days and bad days like everyone else but lately I'm been training my mind (was great at this pre-kid, then afterwards gave myself permission to go nutty...bad) to think really bad thoughts when I eat something I shouldn't. For instance, I will think, "If I eat that, it's going to make my stomach hurt so bad I'll throw up". Then I'll really try to feel myself puking my guts out (sorry for the graphic). In any case, it's been helping because my sweet tooth is going right out the window, as is the desire to eat tons of garbage. There are times I'll want something sweet but I am making myself pick things (like apples, yogurt, etc.) that fuel my body rather than harm it.

Quote | Reply
I did a detox diet for 16 weeks... it was no dairy, meat, sugar, or coffee... it was great! I felt great while I was on it, and I was able to resist sweet things until I fell off the wagon. Now, I am eating crap food again, and I feel sluggish.

I just got through my A race last weekend (IM Louisville) so I am thinking about going back on the detox. I am also reading the Paleo book...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had a discussion with friends over drinks this week and we were talking about reasons behind eating and quaffing too much (of course in between reviewing bass boats, reliving funny chainsaw incidents and discussing the upcoming monster truck rally). We were evenly split between those of us who ate more shit food and increased alcohol based on being happy or sad, although there was a clear link for each of us.

So the solution would seem to be based on whether your recent decent into decadent debauchery was due to postive or negative emotions...

Free Training Plans and Canvases: abetteranimal.com (IG: @abetteranimal )
Home Cooking: culaccinokitchen.com (IG: culaccinokitchen )
Zurich, Switzerland
Quote Reply
Re: Healthy way to "detox" from crap food? [Scott Herrick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
While emotions are definitely a factor, you also have to consider that a lot of women's eating "habits" are hormone based. Take this past week and my inability to remove chocolate cake from my life. Today the reason for that revealed itself... ToM is back in town. So, the solution isn't necessarily just emotional.

Quote | Reply
Very true indeed, but good to know the difference if it's chronic and periodic or just chronic. If just periodic, then support the world's cacao markets without guilt and savour every (sharpened) forkful.

Free Training Plans and Canvases: abetteranimal.com (IG: @abetteranimal )
Home Cooking: culaccinokitchen.com (IG: culaccinokitchen )
Zurich, Switzerland
Quote Reply
Re: Healthy way to "detox" from crap food? [Scott Herrick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Ladies-
I'm new to posting but have been reading for a while. Just wanted to say thanks to whoever said "train my mind". It's become my mantra and really helps me avoid the junk!!
Quote Reply
Re: Healthy way to "detox" from crap food? [igottatri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
:-)

"your horse is too high" - tigerchik
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Realize that this post is a bit delayed....
I would eat as much fresh (raw) fruit and vegetables as you possibly can in a day....the nutrients that your body absorbs will prob. stop most of your cravings. It is when body is reacting to deprevation/depletion of macro and micro nutients that you start to "crave" the very food from which you are not getting enough nutrients. Did you see "Supersize me?" He develops an addiction to Fast Food (no nutrients) so has to keep "refueling" with it in order to maintain.

leslie myers
http://www.foodsensenow.com
Quote Reply

Prev Next