Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

sick & frustrated
Quote | Reply
So as it seems there is a GOOD reason why I was sucking so much wind last Sat when I was the runner for an Oly. My cold of 10 days isn't a cold...rather walking pneumonia.

Explains the exhaustion and shortness of breath.

Anyone have any ideas on how long this garbage lasts? I was reading online that it is also contagious which freaks me out since my 2 1/2 year old 'just' got over real pneumonia about a month ago.

To top this off, my 64 year old father in law (who is a smoker and alcoholic) is in the hospital (retired & has NO medical insurance). He has lost of 35 pounds in 4 weeks...his kidneys are shutting down, he's severely dehydrated, 100% blockage of his caratoid artery, and has had diarrhea for 30+ days. Oh yea, he had a stroke last week (and is doing things like trying to floss his teeth with a fork, and putting flashlights in the fridge because he couldn't get any Soda out of it). Did I mention the hospital he's at is a joke of a hospital and seem to only be treating his symptoms and his daughter and son are too afraid to make him get the extra treatment & tests he needs becuase if they push to hard he'll just shut down and will pull away from them.

eye yi yi.....

Last edited by: leslieW: Sep 3, 08 17:04
Quote Reply
Re: sick & frustrated [leslieW] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Geez! Sucky times for you! Not sure about how long the pneumonia will last but sounds like you need to take it easy and let the rest of the family worry about the father-in-law.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Re: sick & frustrated [leslieW] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Listen to Jen. You need to take care of yourself right now. Pneumonia is something you need to take very seriously. If I were you, I would stop training completely. Get as much sleep as you can and when you're not sleeping get rest. Lie on the couch and put your feet up as much as possible. Order dinner in, get your groceries delivered, ask your husband to do stuff for you, take some time off work and sleep in, etc. Don't try to be super-Mom and super-wife right now. You have to put yourself as the top priority and let your body heal itself. Good luck.
Quote Reply