Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Indoor Trainer
Quote | Reply
I hopped on the trainer tonight (really depressing to do so after finally getting comfortable riding outdoors and really enjoying it), but it sucked! First, my bike is making all sorts of squeaking and creaking noises that I've never heard before (a certain someone is going to get bombarded the next time he comes online on msn lol) and second, my goods HURT! I remember having goods problems before on the trainer which seemed to work themselves out when I was riding on the road - don't get me wrong, it wasn't like sitting on a cloud, but nothing like this.

So... do you find your bits are in BIG trouble when on the trainer as opposed to the road? Any suggestions to help this situation?

Quote | Reply
I find that the trainer does make me a little more sore so I stand up and move around. Not sure why that is. I also wear my most padded shorts when I'm on it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Re: Indoor Trainer [cuds] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cuds - I could be way wrong, but I think when the bike is on the trainer since it's being held down its going against its grain of what its supposed to do (go forward). I know I broke a trainer once by accidentally forcefully climbing out of the saddle and the whole attachement snapped off (watching s spinerval and got a bit excited).

Is your front wheel at the same plane as your back wheel? As Jen suggested get out of the saddle and climb. When on the trainer there is no coasting so you will feel it more. Apply more cream might not be a bad idea and placing a fan behind you (some of it might be sweating).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have logged an obscene amount of time on a trainer. Here's what worked for me.

- get out of aero bars every 2-4min of every 10min
- make sure front & rear wheels are level (i.e.: use the block for the front wheel to elevate it, in fact you might find relief if your front wheel is an inch higher than your rear)
- lower your seat (don't tilt it tho - that will make it worse) just a bit.
- get a gel pad for trainer rides
- lots of body glide/butta/whatever you use
- I personally found that less padding worked for me, as my issue was the chafage on the inner thigh
- suck it up princess (yes you will develop the Taint of Steel (TM) if you ride long enough)

Good luck!

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm apparently a ninny when it comes to my bits being in trouble...I spent 90 minutes on the trainer last night and am suffering today. My body apparently isn't interested in "toughening up".

In my professional lurker status, in our quest for comfort I've seen people mention keeping wheels level, more padding, less padding, different saddles, more 'goo', and moving around. I think it might be a combo of all the above but here's a question - and I'm only slightly hijacking - what type of shorts do you like to mingle with the trainer?

I love my GORE's, but they're not getting the job done on this QR when aero. I just want to survive Silverman with my parts intact!

AW

AW
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would rather poke myself in the eye with a stick than ride the trainer. I also have the same issue, my girlie girl parts also hurt. I ride rollers and don't have that problem

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've been riding my trainer for two years now. Last season I had 5 rides outside besides races. This season I think I've gotten 2 rides in besides races. I have no soreness and it doesn't faze me at all anymore. I will admit it gets pretty boring when I have to do a 2 hour aerobic ride. It may take time to get used to it again and try different biking shorts to find out which ones work for you on the trainer. I use different shorts depending on the type of ride.
Quote Reply