Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Hey Gazelle...
Quote | Reply
... how are you? Haven't seen anything from you lately...

Hope you're hanging in there.
Quote Reply
Re: Hey Gazelle... [dupeetriclub] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yah, just in limbo-land at the moment. Going to more doctors on Monday for a 2nd opinion, and spending a ridiculous amount of time running around to get records/films/etc., then calling and recalling places that are *supposed* to fedex slides to the other doctors but don't bother. Fun stuff. I swear, all of this crap is as stressful as the cancer itself.

But I haven't beaten anyone yet, so that's a plus. :-) Though, it's early in the month still.

--------------------

http://thethighmasterroutetokona.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: Hey Gazelle... [Gazelle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wishing you the best!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ugh. The "healthcare" industry, just another BIG business.

Hang in there and stay in touch!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
thanks for the follow up...my wife just finished up on a 2nd opinion (all good news) and they had not sent over her file after a specific promise to send them over the day before...apparently this is typical for these situations....WTF?

glad to see you are hanging in....I check your blog to see whats up....

keep us in the loop as you see fit....

good thoughts coming your way.....
Quote Reply
Re: Hey Gazelle... [Steve-oH!] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm glad to hear you got good news! But seriously, it's like dealing with clowns at the circus, all this crap with files and charts and so on. Even though I go through the rigmarole of faxing in a request form, the lab has yet to send anyone the necessary pathology slides (twice now)......and after busting my ass on monday to pick up films/records from one place to drive them over to another so that they'd have them to review a week before my appointments (I erroneously figured that delivering the records myself would be better than mailing!), i get a call yesterday asking what my appointment is about since they have none of aforementioned films/records. They apparently got lost in the shuffle somewhere, going those 20 feet down the hall. I just shake my head. WTF indeed.

--------------------

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It would be comical if it weren't so absurd. Glad to see you're keeping your humor on "high" for the duration. I think of you often and wish you the best.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would stay away from Gazelle's blog. She picks on innocent people (aka me) all of the time..... :)
Quote Reply
Re: Hey Gazelle... [instigator] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
From my understanding, the only one's getting picked on on her blog are the one's that deserve it. :P
j/k!

Quote | Reply
Exactly! As I have explained to Instigator many a time, my role is merely that of a scribe, relaying events exactly as they occur. Shrug. What can I do?

--------------------

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
you gotta admit....the slaughter of the innocent can be quite entertaining....and I dug the "girl math" used to arrive at her half ironman time....very impressive....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's great to see you have such a great sense of humor. Your blog is so funny!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Indeed your blog cracks me up, especially since I got to hang with instigator in CA.

I had my annual mammo today... The squish factor is amazing. My boobs felt like roadkill. I'm not sure who mammos are worse for big or little boobs. I always forget to take the little nipple stickers off and find them later in the day...
Quote Reply
Re: Hey Gazelle... [dupeetriclub] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For those people that have been following Tasha's story, she took a spill on some bad road at the Dairyland Dare and ended up in the neuro-ward at UW with a severe concussion and a broken collarbone. It looks like everyone's trying to keep her inbox to a minimum, but keep her in your thoughts and prayers.

http://www.chicagotriclub.com/...General&Id=43473
Quote Reply
Re: Hey Gazelle... [FeS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Holy sh*t :(

Thanks for the update.
Quote Reply
Re: Hey Gazelle... [FeS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This weekend a few of us went up to Dodgeville, WI to tackle the Dairyland Dare, a 100-200-300k ride through the big hills west of Madison. About 70 miles into the 200k ride, Tasha (Gazelle) hit a bad patch of road and crashed. She hit her head, cracked her helmet and was unconscious when another rider saw her and pulled her out of the road. She was taken by ambulance to the Dodgeville hospital, where she was diagnosed with a broken collarbone and severe concussion. They transported her via ambulance to the trauma center at UW-Madison. She was admitted into the neuro ward late Saturday night. Today she seems much better, but still has some short-term memory loss. The ortho team will consult on her shoulder sometime on Monday and we’ll know more then.
If you’d like to know more detail about what’s going on, please PM me. If you’d like to send well wishes, you can post here and we’ll make sure they get to her.

As you know, Tasha was diagnosed with breast cancer a month ago. Now, more than ever she needs our support. Some of her friends in the Chicago Tri Club are putting together a couple of events to help Tasha raise money to defray her ever-increasing medical bills. If you want to know more about our plans, you can join our facebook group called “Team in Bacon” at http://www.facebook.com/...553100004&ref=nf
Quote Reply
Re: Hey Gazelle... [cliogrrl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
WTF!...

its hard to hear all that has happen to her recently.....

alot harder for her to have to live it......

its not much to offer but I will keep her in my thoughts and I am sending her good thoughts...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am a faithful reader of Tasha's blog. She totally cracks me up. We will absolutely include her in our nightly prayers. Bless her heart.....
Leslie

Quote | Reply
I have just spoken to Tasha and she is back in the state of Illinois. She was released from the hospital yesterday evening and should be in the comforts of her own home by this afternoon. She stayed last night with her mom. She still has a massive headache and will be seeing an ortho surgeon about her clavicle this week but we are happy to have her home.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Please pass along my "hello & best wishes" to Gazelle. I'm truly wishing her a speedy recovery from all of this.

Emily B.
(formerly from Chicago, now Maine)

----
Suffering on the the bike is always more fun than suffering on the run.
Quote Reply
Re: Hey Gazelle... [leslieW] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just thought I would pass along an update on Gazelle's (tasha's) progress. On Friday, she went in for the dufecta of surgeries -- clavicle repair and tumor removal. After a night at the hospital, she is home and doing well. Both surgeries were a success and the preliminary tests seem to indicate that the cancer has not spread to her lymph system. I am on my way to see her now and there is talk of a short venture to a Polish Food Festival near her house so it seems her priorities are in line -- fried food hopefully on a stick. Finally some good news!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I am on my way to see her now and there is talk of a short venture to a Polish Food Festival near her house so it seems her priorities are in line -- fried food hopefully on a stick. Finally some good news!!!
F'n A!

Quote | Reply
Happy news!! Thanks for the update!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great news! Let her know the Womens are thinking about her!

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Re: Hey Gazelle... [jenhs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Instigator,

Give her a hug for me! (and an insult from you, if it will make her feel better!)
Quote Reply

Prev Next