Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

I wonder where this path goes...
Quote | Reply
What an awesome day to ride in Tucson! Cool, overcast at the start- 8:15AM which for a Tucson summer day should be the time I'm finishing my ride!

I rode out my usual way, hit some construction with a detour, no biggie... me thinks it was part of the El Tour de Tucson course, detour took me back to usual course.

Hit my turn around time right at a park I could sit for a second, eat a Gu, drink some water, and pee. And oh yea, have a great discussion with a 3 or 4 year old boy about my bicycle. "Is that your bicycle?" "Yes it is, do you have a bicycle?" "No I have a tractor"... awesome.

Jumped back on my bike and headed back. About 3/4 of the way back I see a cyclist riding what looks to be a new path. Having no idea where it goes, when it ends, if it's a breeding ground for sickos who like chicks on bikes (albeit a FAST chick- today at least), I decided it was such a nice day I got on the path and rode. Passed a gorgeous golf course, assorted families on bikes, a woman who looked as if she was training for an ultra or such (loaded down with fuel). Finally came to the end of the path and as probably happens to all of us- I had NO idea where I was. Ok, no big deal, I should be going this way and so I went.... well of course that was the right way, but when I saw the "Leaving City Limits" sign, I was sure I was headed in the wrong direction, so I turned around. Hit what I thought was a main street, asked a nice couple if it went back to Oracle, they said yes, so off I went. Passed the golf course again (other side), and ended up RIGHT WHERE I STARTED THE PATH. Ay chihuahua!!! Again, no big whoop... kept riding, happy I knew where I was and made it home. A whole 25-30 min detour.

I find that I can be incredibly inflexible when it comes to situations like this (if I'm supposed to ride 3 hours, it's THREE HOURS, not 2:45, not 2:55)... esp when I'm training, so it was a lot of fun to JUST RIDE and have fun doing it.

So now I sit and wait for the furniture people to come (12-4, which means 3:30 is when they'll get here). But you know what- who cares!! I had a great ride today, it's a gorgeous Tucson day, and life is good!!

Have a great weekend ladies!

Come crawling faster
Quote Reply
Re: I wonder where this path goes... [LovePugs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great way to start the day!

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Re: I wonder where this path goes... [LovePugs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
"Yes it is, do you have a bicycle?" "No I have a tractor"... awesome.[/quote] classic. :)

Quote | Reply
I spent a week in Tucson in 2007 in March and had so much fun riding there. You've got some really great places to ride all over the city. I'm not sure I could handle the summer weather, but March was ideal. Sounds like a great ride you had.
Quote Reply