Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The Womens at IMC [runlikeamother] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, Rachel! You are such a huge inspiration to me :)
Blog update soon, I promise ... I find it so hard to write about bad stuff.

Wisconsin is next if they are kind enough to let me in so late ... I've always thought that would be a very cool race to do but too close to Canada. Given that I never did any real racing at Canada, though ...

After that, Arizona part 2!
Quote Reply
Re: The Womens at IMC [Miranda] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Aw thanks Miranda. Way to gut it out on a tough day.

The rest of my race was really great. I definitely had some ups and downs on the run. I ran into some really bad stomach problems (I think you passed me back when I was having one of my many visits to the porta potties). Even though I felt like I could have run quite a bit better, I was very happy with my first IM experience.

It was so nice to meet those of you that I did meet (however briefly ... sorry for having my whole family wander in for a minute) and I look forward to seeing you all again soon.

also, a million thanks to Michelle for being my super thorough T1 change tent volunteer. You were awesome!

my severely neglected blog
Quote Reply
Re: The Womens at IMC [Miranda] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No, you are the inspiration - out there going for it with the big girls where you belong.. I love following the journey.

I too have a much harder time writing about the bad stuff.

I hope WI lets you in! That was the first tri I ever watched, 7 months pregnant while chasing a friend around on a cruiser. It was so motivating. It will be a great one for you.
Quote Reply
Re: The Womens at IMC [QRgirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Thanks, I kind of like him too ;-)

How was the rain during the run on Sunday? I'm interested to know if it sucked or was kind of nice. I think I would have liked it as I melt in the heat.

A solid dude - I dig him.

I'd think that the rain probably sucked - hard. With the driving wind and the cooler temperatures, it wouldn't be a "relief" so much as just hell. Have a longsleeve top in your run special needs...

<If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough>
Get Fitter!
Proud member of the Smartasscrew, MONSTER CLUB
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply
Re: The Womens at IMC [runlikeamother] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RR wrote: Update your blog, woman ;) I must have looked 5 times since the race!

That brings up a good point. I try to stay current with maybe a dozen or so blogs and, like RR, I used to spend a lot of time checking each one for updates. Then I discovered 'Google Reader' and it has made my life much simpler. The Google Reader (and other similar "feed reader" applications) will constantly and automatically check all the blogs you want for updates. Then all you have to do is look at the reader page and you'll see (and be able to read right there) all of the updates from all of the blogs you choose to follow.

To get started go to google.com. In the upper left corner you'll see "Web Images Maps News Shopping Gmail more" links. Click on "more" then click "Reader" from the drop-down list. You'll need to establish a Google account if you don't have one already. If you don't use gmail just enter your normal email address.

Next, you need to tell the reader what blogs to follow. To do that, use the "Add Subscription" link that you'll see on the left side of the page. You'll need the url of the blog (for example, http://rachelrosshawaii.blogspot.com/). An easy way to avoid doing all that typing is to bring up the original blog site in a separate window (you probably have several bookmarked already), copy the url from the address bar of that window, then paste it into the "Add Subscription" sub-window. (There are a couple of other ways of adding subscriptions as well.)

Finally, bookmark the Google Reader page. Then in the future when you want to see if anybody has anything new to say, just go to your (now customized) Google Reader page rather than checking a whole bunch of different blogs. You can even just leave the Google reader page up in a separate window; updates will be posted automatically without you doing anything and the layout of the page makes it easy to see when something new comes in.

Whew. Typical guy response, right? Somebody wants to know what time it is and I respond with a whole treatise on how to build a clock! Sorry, it's those darn XY chromosomes.

Dan
Quote Reply
Re: The Womens at IMC [Khai] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
All I kept thinking was how glad I am that I'm not out there racing! Some seriously tough people out there on Sunday.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Re: The Womens at IMC [QRgirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
At first I didn't mind the rain too much since it wasn't too cool. But by mile three my toes were covered in blisters. I'm still having trouble walking because all the blisters on my toes, between my toes, beside my toes etc... (I think you get the point). The rain was actually pretty refreshing for awhile until it got cold. I was so looking forward to my long sleeved shirt in my special needs bag. Once I put it on I was way too hot though so it came off quickly. However when the long slow march back to the finish line started at mile 15 I was so glad to have it. This IMC marathon was my SLOWEST EVER - even slower than the year I walked the entire marathon.

Thanks again for being in the change tent. It was great to see a familiar face ;-) .

---------------------------------------------------------------

"There's good all around you, you just have to be able to see it".
Quote Reply
Re: The Womens at IMC [jenhs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Miranda for the meet-up. It was really cool to meet all of you. It was also great to see familiar faces (Erin and Michelle) in the change tent! 16:47 for me, I had some major problems but enjoyed the day like crazy anyway!
Quote Reply

Prev Next