Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Nike Courage Ad
Quote | Reply
Has anyone else carefully watched at the Nike Courage ad? It may just be the time of the month, but it made me tear up :-P

The website dedicated it is pretty good motivation for anyone needing a good kick in the butt to get out the door for training - I keep skipping nighttime workouts to watch the games, stay up too late, and can't wake up early to save my life.

Anyway, I may just be a big sap, but here is the website:

http://www.nike.com/courage
Quote Reply
Re: Nike Courage Ad [Leloo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great commercial. They have done a great job of showing athletes of all varieties. Very well done.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Love the commercial and the music!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
wow! Thanks for the link. I love most of Nike's ads. This one is right up there in the goose bumps category.

N~
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is a GREAT spot!!

It reminds me of one that aired during the Stanley Cup Playoffs (for you hockey fans)...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYwA9s-hjMs

GO PENS!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i have no speakers for the moment but the images were very powerful. definitely communicated the plethora of emotions in sport from tragedy to the greatest victories. and it reminded me of how temporary it all is, how fragile it can be. (got that from the armstrong images and prefontaine. these effected me most).

several images gave me goosebumps, because even though i was watching the greatest of the greats, at the end of the day we are all people and more simlar than different; i related to the emotions being conveyed.
such as: i know what it's like to fall on my ass, and i know what it's like to win. i know what it's like to want something so bad and not get it. i also know what it's like to want something and achieve it after so much work and hard sacrifice. in fact, everybody here knows these feelings and experiences; you do not have to be lance armstrong or an olympic athlete to relate to it. that is why the add was so powerful for me.

nike has great advertising, it's why they're a retail giant.
Quote Reply
Re: Nike Courage Ad [dupeetriclub] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for posting the Stanley Cup one... it's awesome! I wonder if it just didn't get aired in Canada or I somehow completely missed it.