Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

garmins 305 vs 405
Quote | Reply
Ok girls,

I'm officially considering plunking down a little bit of dough for one of these babies in the next upcoming months. I did a search on pros/cons, etc. I want some new info if you are willing. I know that alot of peeps have probs with the 405 due to the bezel sensitivity, then again the 305 is extremely large. Also, will upgrade to the HRM for when I want to use that, so I have that ability with it. Give me the scoop please.

N~
Quote Reply
Re: garmins 305 vs 405 [kitkat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a 305 and think it's the best training gizmo I own. Yeah, it's kinda big but the big screen display is great when my eyes are crossed from bonking on the run ;). Seriously, I like having the big screen and 4 displays on the screen. The software/uploading is also very easy.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a 305 that is barely working, so I upgraded to the 405. I ended up taking the 405 back.

1) The 305 has a mode button that you can hold down and toggle between bike and run, easy to do on the go. The 405 does not have this option.

2) The 305 allows you to have different screens for running and biking (pace vs speed is the big one). The 405 makes you change the display each time. About 8 steps I think.

I emailed Garmin and asked if the 405 could do what I wanted it to, and they said no and they weren't planning on it.

If I were just going to run (or bike) with it, I'd go with the 405. But I want to be able to race with it and switch from bike to run easily.
Quote Reply
Re: garmins 305 vs 405 [GhiaGirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks guys. I ran a midnite marathon just this last weekend and I was talking with a gal that had switched from the 305 to 405 and it was frustrating the hell out of her. I might do a search online to see how much the 305's have come down in price, and possibly go for that one. I really wish Costco still had them. I hear that was the best deal out there at the time.

N~
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I also love my 305. It is like motivation in a hand held unit. I got mine for a good price on Amazon with free shipping so it might be worth looking there.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

I have the 305 as well and I love it. I have had no problems, unlike friends with the 405 who have had numerous issues with the display. Good deals to be had on the 305!! :)

Michelle

http://www.ironmom141.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: garmins 305 vs 405 [Ironmom141] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yep. Just got my 305 today on my doorstep. :-) I purchased at Tigergps for about $200 on sale. Gotta love a deal. I will charge it up next week (I work all weekend), and I'm hoping I love it and it helps with my training. Thanks for all of your opinions.

N~
Quote Reply