Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

period manipulation - need help fast!
Quote | Reply
Hi all,

I am on the pill and just realized that I will start my next period the day after accenture chicago next week. That is always my worst day, and unfortunately my last race was a month ago ON THE SAME DAY and I had a terrible race. Probably other factors too, but getting my period seems to really affect my racing. Is there anything I can do to force myself to get it this week? Stop taking the pills?

I think it is too late but I just thought I'd ask.

"What am I on? I'm on my bike busting my ass for six hours a day. What are YOU on?" - Lance Armstrong
Quote Reply
Re: period manipulation - need help fast! [flyer521] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nope, not too late. Skip the dummy pills and start your new pack instead. You won't have a period. I take the pill continuously and maybe take the dummy pills once or twice a year. I hate having a period. Saves money on tampons & Advil too ;-)
Quote Reply
Re: period manipulation - need help fast! [QRgirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Nope, not too late. Skip the dummy pills and start your new pack instead. You won't have a period. I take the pill continuously and maybe take the dummy pills once or twice a year. I hate having a period. Saves money on tampons & Advil too ;-)
+1. I do the same thing, though I use a pill that comes in 21 packs so I don't have dummy pills. But I worked mine out this year to make sure I wouldn't be in that situation for IMC. If anything is going to go right that day, it will be that lol.

Quote | Reply
+2. I've been doing this for years. have a period every 3 months.
Quote Reply
Re: period manipulation - need help fast! [flyer521] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You can skip the placebo pills and just avoid the period IF you are on a monophasic pill (all pills are the same). If you are on a triphasic pill (each week, the dosage varies), you can't go continuous. In that case, just stop taking the pill today, you'll get your period in a couple of days. Then start a new pack next weekend. If you end up doing this, should use backup contraception for the next month to bee 100% safe from pregnancy.
Quote Reply
Re: period manipulation - need help fast! [CamR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
+3.

mmm-mmm-Momo Charms
Handmade beverage charms, jewelry, and miscellanea

http://momocharms.wordpress.com
Quote Reply