Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Ladies I have a request. [Mr. Tibbs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ah ha! Of course, we're all a bit "off"... let's face it, that's one of the reasons we do triathlon - adhering to a very specific schedule, making/seeing progress that only we can truly appreciate, improving our bodies, minds, race times, etc. It makes us feel more in control of our crazy selves!

IMO, men and women will never completely understand eachother. It's physiological as much as it is psychological, and it's the pursuit of understanding that makes the world go 'round. If we womens and mens got along all the time, life would be utterly boring!
Quote Reply
Re: Ladies I have a request. [Steve-oH!] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My husband and I actually get laughing when we think about how crazy we are. We have both come to the conclusion that there is no one else on this planet that would be able to put up with the bullshit we throw around. If we ever aren't together anymore I've decided I will never get married again because a) I wouldn't be able to find anyone to put up with me and 2) I don't want to put up with anyone else's craziness.

It takes a special person to find someone that blends with your own insanity. When you find them, don't let go!!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Re: Ladies I have a request. [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
"it should make him want to buy me flowers and take me to dinner"

And I thought it was only my wife that expects that.
I don't expect those things, I just think they are nice! I think I last got flowers at our wedding - and I bought them!

Harry: "I expected the Rocky Mountains to be a little rockier than this."
Loyd: "I was thinking the same thing. That John Denver's full of shit, man."
Quote Reply
Re: Ladies I have a request. [RockyMtnChic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I guess I really have to stop spoiling my wife. She gets flowers 1-2 times a week.

"your horse is too high" - tigerchik
Quote Reply
Re: Ladies I have a request. [Hid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't do flowers as often as you, on average I do once every week or 10 days, but it is the best money I have ever spent. My only rule is that I never give flowers when I have messed up.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I screw shit up all the time. Sometimes I make zero sense and can drive a good man to drink.

:-D
Quote Reply
Re: Ladies I have a request. [Dan Os Fan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I never give when I mess up as well. I have this weird belief that appologies are not bribed and are not accepted when you give them :-)

The frequency of giving flowers is partially selfish as well...I love having flowers in the house.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I guess I really have to stop spoiling my wife. She gets flowers 1-2 times a week.

Personally, I'd rather have a nice little present from the bike shop than flowers.

clm

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: Ladies I have a request. [Katy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

In Reply To
That's why almost all my friends are dudes. ;-)

Me too.

clm

Hey! Like I said to Emilio and Paulo, I am not a dude![/reply]
Hey! I said ALMOST!!!!!!!!!!!!

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: Ladies I have a request. [trackie clm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:

Personally, I'd rather have a nice little present from the bike shop than flowers.

clm

I wish she enjoyed being active! :-)

Two years ago I bought her a top of the line Felt - she rode it twice.

This year I bought her a cheesy cruiser - she rides it all the time. At least I can run while she rides :P~

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sounds like you got her the bike she wanted this time, not the bike you wanted her to want :-)

I would love to get flowers. He does bring me suprises when he travels but not much sponanious gift giving from him. I give lots of little things to him though cuz I love to give presents.

Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Re: Ladies I have a request. [jenhs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lesson learned...lesson learned.

When the wife says she wants one thing...she really means something completely different :-)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The good thing is that I am learning to translate the female dialect.

I would love a bike so I could do easy rides with you - really means - I always had my sister's hand me downs and I would rather have that cute pink cruiser.

"Aren't these Louis shoes cute?" "Okay I will buy them for you for Valentines day." "No no they are too expensive." - really means - if you love me you will buy them for me.

Sitting on the couche... "baby do you want a glass of water?" - really means - baby will you get up and get me a glass of water

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I got my wife flowers and a brand new Specialized Ruby Elite road bike this week....she can definately ride the bike...

she refuses to use clpless pedals....you should see how upset some guys get when she powers by them on that bike with very loose toe cages and running shoes...one guy actually tried to block her by moving to his left as we pace lined by him.........

suck it up dude!....
Last edited by: Steve-oH!: Aug 14, 08 18:23
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Perfect! Your wife has you well trained!

Jen

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Perfect! Your wife has you well trained!

Besides fetching water, I also know how to sit, shake hands, and roll over...but she typically likes it when I only roll half way over, as she likes to be on top ;-)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TMI!! TMI!!

Jen

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Wanna example? In woman world, media or real life, when a woman cheats it's always because she is lost or neglected and what she did was not ok but she is growing being capable of mistakes and just learning what life's road has in store for her. Man cheats is with out a doubt is a fucking pig who want to destroy all women and probably kills children.

I'm such a geek; when I first read the above statement, my first thought was "what kind of neglect drives a woman to dope, or draft, or perform any other kind of cheating act in a race?"

Quote | Reply
I wish my husband was as thoughtful as you :) I had to beg to get my Felt B2. After a year, he's finally agreed to let me get an aerohelmet to go with it. I'm hoping for wheels next year. I will say I do drive him to drinking though- I drive him up to the bar. He drinks beer and I drink diet coke and then I drive him back home again.
Quote Reply
Re: Ladies I have a request. [Dan Os Fan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Really really good rule. I do not want flowers as a suck up; please forgive me gift! That is so cliche!

Actually I agree with clm, flowers are nice but I'd really rather have some neat new swim/bike/run toy. (Honey if you're reading this I really have my eye on the 8G nano)

I definitely have issues and they manifest themselves at very inopportune moments; like in 2005 the night before IM FL! But my husband is the first guy who somehow knows how to handle me. I think it's because he doesnt' get mad or take it personally. Plus he has some big time issues himself and he says I'm the first one who has been able to deal with his issues (which really to me, they are obvious but not deal breakers at all).

I guess I'm agreeing with those who say we all have something, the key is finding someone for whom your something is basically nothing!

Nor do I use punctuation in the way a child sprinkles glitter over a ribbon of glue on construction paper - Trash Talk
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would like to say that my husband is not stupid, does not screw stuff up all the time, and would not drive me to drink. If anything the reverse is true. I think he deserves sainthood in all honesty. I don't know what he sees in me, but I am so glad he sees it.

Hail St. Shikepoke!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
100% agree with you.

�The greater danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it.� -Michelangelo

MoodBoost Drink : Mood Support + Energy.
Quote Reply

Prev Next