Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Running is a pain in the....
Quote | Reply
foot! Has anybody ever had Morton's Neuroma? I'm used to bad knees, ITB issues, but a foot problem?

Nor do I use punctuation in the way a child sprinkles glitter over a ribbon of glue on construction paper - Trash Talk
Quote Reply
Re: Running is a pain in the.... [lesson989] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Orthotics, weight loss, and strength training helped me to run pain free after decades of fighting ITBS and Morton's Neuroma.

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My sympathies; These plagued me in both feet for 2006 and part of 2007. new running shoes, looser laces, custom orthotics, and ultimately 2 shots of cortisone in each foot got rid of them.

Have you been to a podiatrist? there are a variety of problems with similar symptoms to Mortons.
Quote Reply
Re: Running is a pain in the.... [chrisesposito] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I really just started having these symptoms about a month ago, coincidentally at the same time I purchased the new Asics Nimbus 9, and it's only been lately on runs over 5 miles that it gets really unbearable. I plan to go see a dr next week although I've heard some horror stories about podiatrists.

I guess it could be the shoes but I wore the 2007 all last year with no problem

Nor do I use punctuation in the way a child sprinkles glitter over a ribbon of glue on construction paper - Trash Talk
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had morton's neuroma my junior year in college, which was really aggrivated by my track spikes. I used metatarsal pads for a while but finally got a cortizone injection. I'm typically not an advocate of cortizone injections but in this case it did the trick. I had one injection and literally never had a problem with it again. You may want to dicuss this option with your doc. Could be your shoes are too tight in that area and that could be causing the pain?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Friend of mine had one - 3 cortisone shots, then she had to have surgery. Hopefully yours doesn't get that far.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
All last year when ever I tried running in new shoes I got problems in my feet, ankles or knees. Went back to the old pair of Adidas Supernova Classics and the problems disappeared. I hate new shoes. ;)

They do change things in the shoes from model to model so it could be the shoes.

Good luck!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I really just started having these symptoms about a month ago, coincidentally at the same time I purchased the new Asics Nimbus 9, and it's only been lately on runs over 5 miles that it gets really unbearable. I plan to go see a dr next week although I've heard some horror stories about podiatrists.

I guess it could be the shoes but I wore the 2007 all last year with no problem

shoes do change and so do feet. even though "the shoes were fine last year". maybe this year it's not working, something has changed, and as a result you've got foot pain.

good luck, it hurts to have foot pain. if you're cincinnati near Dr Rod Roof is excellent.
Last edited by: kittycat: Aug 14, 08 7:04
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had a Neuroma. I thought of it as my neuroma, if Morton wants the damn thing back he can have it.

Left foot, ring toe. I had a plantars wart that was tender, it caused me to overpronate to compensate.

The solution, I cut a hole in my insoles to take the pressure off the sore spot. Neuroma gone in 2 days.

Quote Reply
Re: Running is a pain in the.... [mccannathon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The new model for the Asics nimbus 9 is different in the forefoot, it laces up at an angle or something weird and i"m thinking that is part of the problem so in a way kittycat is right, new shoes, new problem.

I've heard of putting in silicone insoles but not cutting out a hole. That sounds like an interesting idea..

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Look into the trigger point items to roll out the calves and IT band. Will help out a lot.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I will second chrisesposito - I had what seemed like a neuroma, but the podiatrist was able to isolate it better and is was a capsular sprain. A heavy dose of meloxicam and suing an insert to elevate the metatarsal-phalangeal joint - about three weeks of rehab. Well worth the co-pay.

Jim
"In dog beers, I've only had one"
http://www.shakercolonial.com/
Creating custom made furnishing to your requirements
Quote Reply