Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

1st Race in 3 years [report w/ pics]
Quote | Reply
It's been a LONG time since I've done a report so bear with me...

Swim start was BUSY. There were over 75 people racing (probably close to 100 but who could count when you’re supposed to be swimming). The water was PERFECT. I had heard how freezing it was but considering how HOT I was in my wetsuit, for me, it felt awesome. The river was FAST and it seems that holding my 3 and 2 year old all the time has helped develop my arms (considering I haven’t swam in 3 years) because doing the swim wasn’t a big deal. I was actually passing people!! YIPPPEEE!! Before I knew it, I was back on shore and headed towards my bike. As I came out of the water, I was lollygagging big time. Not because I was tired but because I was just enjoying the moment. I finally decided I should probably move a little faster than slowpoke pace and actually did a little jog to the transition area. Everything ran smoothly and once again I was off…on the bike. It was a Sprint Mountain Bike Triathlon but really there was only about 3 miles that was actually off road so it made it easy to kick it into high gear on the bike. I was doing well, passing a lot of people and I felt GREAT. I wasn’t struggling at all. I basically found a few gears and made them sing for me. Twelve miles later I was at the transition area and changing my shoes. It was awesome. This race was turning into pure beauty for me. I was having the time of my life, a smile had been painted on my face the entire race so far. When I was in the transition area my heart danced as I could hear my little girls cheering for me. Wheeew…I tell you there wasn’t a sweeter sound to be heard. As I was ready to head out for the run, Tylar & Andi both wanted hugs and kisses. I LOVED THAT. Out on the run I brought my own water bottle and I’m SO glad I did because it was getting pretty hot outside. I, once again with SMILE firmly painted, found my running groove and one-foot-after-another completed the 3.1 miles. Coming into the finish line I could hear my family cheering me on and when I crossed the finish line my little girls ran up to me, with arms open wide welcoming their mommy home.

I HAD SO MUCH FUN!!! Racing, doing my best, for me, was unbelievably perfect. I was in the moment and JOY was screaming from within my spirit. YIPPPEEE!!!

Some pics:

Getting help from the Wolff pups (Tylar & Andi) as I set up my transition.

Hugs with QRgirl before the swim.

"I'm going to miss you" kisses from Tylar

All finished with the bike (smile still firmly attached).

HAVING SO MUCH FUN...Perma smile firmly placed.

All finished! My little girls are running towards me in this picture (although you can't see them).

Quote | Reply
I think my wetsuit makes my butt look big... ;-)
Quote Reply
Re: 1st Race in 3 years [wolffpack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Next thing you're gonna tell me is you want to do another Ironman :P

Congrats again!!! What a great day you must have had :)

Quote | Reply
Weber you have a nice butt....STOP! :)

Quote | Reply
Bummer! Lots of red Xs instead of pics :-(

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Re: 1st Race in 3 years [jenhs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Try this: http://the4wolffpack.blogspot.com/

If you scroll down a bit I posted the same pics there.

Quote | Reply
AWESOME. Well done!

<If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough>
Get Fitter!
Proud member of the Smartasscrew, MONSTER CLUB
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congratulations! Thanks for sharing your RR and your feelings. I enjoyed reading about your great day. Diva
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great job! Loved the pics of the wolfpups.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congratulations! Sounds like you had a perfect race! And, thanks for sharing the pictures!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
well done! and congrats!!!

---

cat
Sponsored by Suntheanine, Lycored and Celadrin
http://www.lycored.com/web/content/library.asp http://suntheanine.com/Research.cfm http://celadrin.com/pages/studies.php
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congratulations!! This is a great line: "my heart danced as I could hear my little girls cheering for me"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nice job, Wolffpack!

Love the pics, your kids are adorable! And way to smile the whole way.. it's a whole new thing, the kids running to greet you at the finish line, huh? I love that moment of finding them when it's over. My kids tackled me in the water just past the kona finish last year and literally knocked me over.. heaven.

Congrats!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

congrats on getting back into it! Very kewl. Your daughter's are very cute. Before long we will be reading your IM report.
Quote Reply