Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

The Friend Who Got Away
Quote | Reply
I can't find the post for some reason, but it was about 'breaking up' with friends....about a week or so ago?

Anyway, last night (I had insomnia and haven't slept at all...damn cold medicine) I was surfing the internet and finally got around to looking at a link my sister sent me about a best friend from high school who is now an author and living in Brooklyn. She's written an essay in the book The Friend Who Got Away, about 'breaking up' with a friend (her particular essay is also countered by the 'friends' essay, not sure if all of the essays are that way or not).

Looks like some good reading. The funny thing is, my friend from high school and I pretty much broke up our senior year (we really just grew apart as we started to realize we had different plans for our futures), the only time we communicated after that was when I sent her a sympathy card after her mother passed away when we were freshmen in college. She sent a letter back thanking me for thinking of her, etc, suggesting we get together in the summer. We never did. I don't even think we spoke at our 10 year reunion. Just a simple smile/wave across the room type of thing. The essays she and her friend wrote are about how they 'broke' up after her mom passed away.

I'm planning on picking up this book today and reading it.
Last edited by: GhiaGirl: Jun 14, 08 8:45
Quote Reply
Re: The Friend Who Got Away [GhiaGirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm into Chris Bohjalian's books as of late. I finished "Past the Bleachers" two days ago and am halfway through "Trans-Sister Radio."

I love to read!

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: The Friend Who Got Away [GhiaGirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not sure if this was the post you were referencing, but it might be.

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...rch_string=;#1833385

"It takes courage to do it, to be a runner. We all found that out a long time ago. Because it's about more than fatigue. It's about pain, and dealing with it for a long time. And its about resolve." - Quentin Cassidy
Quote Reply