Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Let's see your ride! [pj2433] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My lemond with sram red...

Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [ericstevens73] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So why the Adamo on the road but not the tri?

------------------------------------------------------------------
Avoiding saddle cancer since '08
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [swimfan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Have you ever seen anyone admit doing a $7000 mistake? if that was the case, Newton buyers would have lined up.
If you spent $7000 on a pair of Newtons you made a mistake all right!
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [JoeO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The bike came with the saddle on it, and I decided to give it a couple of rides to see if I could take a regular seat and/or if the pain was all in my head... Yeah, not a mental thing at all - very real pain. The current saddle is being replaced promptly. I'm trying to decide between the Adamo and a Selle SMP. Also I'm trying to decide if I want the Zero G brakes on the Slice or Synapse, currently on Synapse. I have a set of carbon Cannondale brakes that will be here tomorrow that would look good on either. Not sure if the Zero Gs are good for Carbon wheels - too strong???
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [wrenchmonkey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My new RS

Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [alexZA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here is my new road bike...

My TT bike
BMC TM01
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [Tillquist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That is a gorgeous bike.

World Military Games(possible)-2008 Estonia
IMFL 2008

Cats dont like riding on bicycles....no matter how much duct tape you use.
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [DuGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
New ride fully decked out! Prior to wind tunnel test so, yes, the front end was lowered. And of course, my saddle is too high.

Primum Non Nocere, except to Kempy!
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [Jeff B.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My taint hurts just looking at your saddle.

-------------------------------
Ignorance is bliss until they take your bliss away.
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [pito00] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Aspide composite is more comfortable than numerous other saddles I have tried. I rode 105 miles two weeks ago w/o any issues on this bike. I rode Mount Mitchell on my road bike (also 105 miles) this Monday and my crotch was much worse for wear using a traditional road saddle. It props you up just where you want it to and less numbness in the aero position. Plus it makes for a heck of a conversation topic in the transition area! I am thinking of trying it on my road bike!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You think "less numbness" is acceptable? My junk brings such joy into my life that I like to keep it awash in fresh blood supply 24/7. Maybe you think of your's differently. :p

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good point. Let me rephase that. I used to have numbness more frequently on a soft saddle in aero position necessitating moving around a bit from time to time. Now, I RARELY experience that even when in aero bars for extended periods. Almost never on road bike, just the torn up taint! I have had fittings from an experienced level 1 coach as well as from owner of LBS. What worked for you?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I used to use a san marco era k on my tt bike, but it tore up the left side of my taint when I'd get dropped on the hammerhead wednesday night rides. Now I rock the adamo race, and it roughly divides the amount of carnage b/n the right and left side.

I don't think there's a "comfortable" saddle out there, just ones that moves around the pain to acceptable places. My lazyboy gets uncomfortable after ~3 hours, so what hope does a 2 inch strip of "leather" on my sit bones have?

I haven't had numbness problems for a long time, and only on cheap saddles I got from performance.

Last edited by: pito00: Jun 13, 08 14:38
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thx and much obliged. Sorry, I did not mean to get so far off topic but good info.

Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just finished it minutes ago. I am going on a ride into the mountains as soon as I finish this post. This is my bike for Ironman Germany 70.3 (nothing but climbing).

Cervelo Team Soloist (black, 51)
Campy Chorus components (compact with a 26 in the back with a medium cage)
Zipp handlebars and stem
Zipp 404s (not shown)

With the 404s on, the calculated wieght is suppose to be 15.3 pounds. I will see how close the actual weight will be.

Those Campy rims were extremely difficult to get tires on. I finally gave up and took it to my LBS. It took them 4 hours to install the tires including two new tubes. It only cost me $5 each tire which I thought was well worth it. Now I am trying to get some tires onto the 404s (tubulars), which also seems difficult.
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [wrenchmonkey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here are my titanium twins, sorry if pics are a bit large. I made the mistake of telling my wife a titanium bike was forever. Subsequently I have not bought a new road bike for about 7 years now, on the plus side when my house was broken into they did not take them. Every now and then I want to sell them both and buy a carbon soloist but have not had the heart to do it as these two ride so well. Both bikes have gone through about 3 sets of wheels each (even broke a set of cranks on the QR) but the frames still look (and ride) as good as new. I have put a new set of stickers on the Merlin but have never been able to find any for the Quintana Roo. The graphics QR use now are terrible. I still have fun buying new components here are there, recently bought the new tubeless shimano wheels for the Merlin and they are fantastic.

Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

-- Although we strive to reach perfection, we must realize that we will never reach that goal!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
HAHA. I was thinking the same thing. My ass needs some cushin' for the pushin'
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

i really don't deserve to own nice things.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Nobody's constipated on race morning
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [ZippityDuDah] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

i really don't deserve to own nice things.
Agreed, let me send you my address ;)
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [ZippityDuDah] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I hate when that happens! :p

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [RobbiedONT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think that is the first Giant bike I really like (minus all the accessories) Doesn't the Bento Box rub on your legs?
Last edited by: carboner: Jun 16, 08 7:36
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [carboner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Not that I have noticed, I have yet to use her in anger yet though and will remove the bento box for races anyway - its only really to carry some cash/mobile/keys while out

http://www.fastfasterfastestuk.blogspot.com
Quote Reply

Prev Next