Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Weekly "How'd You Do?" Thread - 6/9/08 [DawnT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll tell my roommate I have your permission to leave the house in a mess!

Thanks all for the good thoughts, I'll keep you posted.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I accomplished two of my big goals this week, since I finished the Olympic event at Worlds and I wasn't dead last in my age group. And I did it swimming in the last wave before they cancelled the swim! Also, in my two races so far this year, I have ridden in sleet and swum in water temps cold enough to cause hypothermia, but I got something positive out of each race. Now just have to get back on track with strength training..........

HeatherC
Quote Reply
Re: Weekly "How'd You Do?" Thread - 6/9/08 [HeatherC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pretty good week for me...

Did the Aquathon on Monday... fun
6 mile run Sat
2 hour ride Sun with swim practice after
rode to work 3/3 days

Nutrition:
pretty good, still focusing on:
one big green salad a day
as many fruits and veggies as I want
minimize refined and processed foods

weight: I'm not necessarily trying to lose, but I think commuting to work and back is doing a lot for me! My BF told me I'm "the leanest and hardest" he's ever seen... ahhh the pressure to improve!!

Have a good week!

Come crawling faster
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Another so-so week. I bagged my long run half-way through because I just didn't have the mental toughness to keep running. I also missed two of my three swim workouts for the week (only one of which was acceptable - I was on the coast and there was no way I was swimming in any of that cold water... ) and had to cut my long bike ride short because the route I'd mapped out kept ending up on gravel roads. With all of the hills, what was supposed to be a 65 mile/4 1/2 hour ride turned into a 30 mile/3 hour ride. Sadness!

I can't say diet-wise was much better, too much eating out and not enough vegetables. :-( Using Jehns system I give myself a C-. My weight however has held steady, much to my surprise.

This week's goals: get in the rest of the workouts on this week's training plan, beat last years pathetic time at Blue Lake Oly on Sunday and bring healthy lunches/make dinner at home and get back on track eating-wise.

M

------------------------------------------------------------
The beatings will continue until morale improves
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had a great week as I successfully achieved my goals at Mooseman HIM. I had a great race. I'm still slow, but not as slow as I used to be :-)

Next week - track food; eat healthier; follow workout plan; have fun!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How I did this week:
-I trained everyday this week-my weak leg-the run.
-I need to find a 5k to signup for
-I figured out my dehydration problem-turns out a med I'm on is causing it, this week I need to find a solution
Quote Reply

Prev Next