Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Swim Goggles for Deep Eye Sockets
Quote | Reply
Any suggestions? I've tried pretty much everything in the Aquaspere line with no luck. Regular goggles usually feel like they're digging into my eyes. The swim masks can't keep out the water. Thanks for any suggestions!
Quote Reply
Re: Swim Goggles for Deep Eye Sockets [Tri Slow Poke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have you tried the Barracuda line? http://www.sporteyes.com/barracud.htm I use the B300. I probably tried every goggle or mask out there before this one and haven't switched in the last three years. Every other goggle or mask either leaked or felt like my eye balls were going to pop out of the socket. These have a slightly bigger footprint so they go around the bone structure and never leak for me and really are quite comfortable because the pressure is against the bone.
Quote Reply
Re: Swim Goggles for Deep Eye Sockets [i008496] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the tip. I will see if i can find a shop in DC that sells them.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Speedo Vanquishers work well for me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They are not the most comfortable, but swedish goggles the ons without gaskets work for me and i have a deep eye sockets as well.

good luck,
RF
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Any suggestions? I've tried pretty much everything in the Aquaspere line with no luck. Regular goggles usually feel like they're digging into my eyes. The swim masks can't keep out the water. Thanks for any suggestions!

Let me know which ones you go with, I have the exact same issue.

Sport Fair in Arlington has a huge selection.
Quote Reply
Re: Swim Goggles for Deep Eye Sockets [rockfish] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TYR Socket Rockets are very similar to Swedes, except the edge is a hard rubber instead of plastic; i love them!!

Quote | Reply
If goggles feel like they're digging into your eyes, you're pulling the head strap too tight. Do a seal test for prospective goggles by taking them out of the box at the store, and pressing the eye cups firmly to your face. They fit right if you can feel them seal around your eyes for a couple of seconds. Then when you put them on in the water, go easy on the strap tension.

The nice thing about swedes and the like are that you can play with them until you get the length of the nose piece just right down to the milimeter, which does wonders for proper fit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Blueseventy. I have as my wife calls it a "goggle museum." I have tried on numerous goggles that seem to fit properly at the store but leak like crazy in the pool. The Blueseventy goggles work great.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How about two of these.
Quote Reply