Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

my neighbor stole my shoes?
Quote | Reply
I live on a small island. When I ride my bike from home, I walk down a short dirt road, put my crocos on top of the mail box, and start riding. I have been doing that for years. Last week, someone took my shoes, and i had to struggle home barefooted. Well, my part time neighbor after a brief chat, I happened to look down, and she was wearing my shoes? I did not know what to do? My husband wanted to talk to her? To replace the crocos would cost me $40.00 here. Maybe not a big deal in America, but here where I pay $5.00 for half gallon of milk, and $4.60 for gas, it becomes a big deal. I decided not to talk to the neighbor about the shoes because she is a drunk and only lives here part time. And she is a neighbor. She's just a stupid neightbor. I'll be careful about my shoes. Just can not trust those part time island people. They don't know the rules of island life.
Quote Reply
Re: my neighbor stole my shoes? [timberdick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AAHH! Stolen shoes sucks.... I had a pair of sweet matte silver 3 holed Dr. Martens stolen many years ago from my home when I had a party...

You could think of a sly remark to make when you see her next time with your shoes on...

"I used to have a pair just like that and someone took them from the top of the mailbox"... not necessarily blaming her, but letting her know that you know she took them.

Is that too many "you knows"? hehe

Good luck...

Come crawling faster
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here's an idea: go by fake crocs at Wal-Stink (if you have one) or some other cheasy cheapo store and put them on your mailbox with a note....please take these & return the one's on your feet. If anything the person will realize they've been busted! :)

Stolen anything sucks...but STOLEN SHOES.....now that's simply jacked up!!

Quote | Reply
thanks for your suggestion. I might just use it.
Quote Reply
Re: my neighbor stole my shoes? [wolffpack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would actually buy the fake ones. Where I live we have nothing like Wal-stink. ( I love your name.) We don't even have a cheasy cheapo store. That's why the one store that has crocs feels fine about jacking the price up. I like your suggestion, too. Because the person would not know she stole from her own neighbor. It's nice living in a place, where there is no wal-stink or anything like it. It's ok to live without stuff. thanks for the suggestion.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm just very curious - where do you live?

As for the shoes, I would have mentioned it the first time you saw her wearing them, but since you didn't, it's probably best to let it go now.
Quote Reply
Re: my neighbor stole my shoes? [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I live on St. John, the smallest of the Us Virgin Islands. St. Thomas is a boat ride away, and there is more shopping there, but with the rising cost of everything, I pretty much say no to everything. And I'm starting to like it. Swimming with a turtle and climbing some bad hill is more rewarding than stuff I may not own. I have let the shoes go. But I very much appreciate the suggestions people had. I was actually blaming the stolen shoes on local kids. Which was wrong of me. The woman is not very stable, so I have moved on. Better to be a good neighbor, and use crappy old running shoes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Any jobs down there? ;-) Seriously.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I guessed that you lived somewhere in the Caribbean.

About 12-13 yrs ago, after going thru a divorce I seriously looked at scuba instructor jobs in the Caribbean. US Virgin Islands was one place available. Typical scuba instructor job was a free room and food at the resort and a salary of about $1000. per month plus tips. Bonus would have been a fresh crew of bikinied babe tourists every week and free drinks at the bar compliments of the vacationing divers. It would have been a great gig for a year or two, especially at that time of my life, but as my two kids were young at that time there was no way I would move that far away. If my broken marriage had been childless however, I would have been down in a millisecond.

Always thought sometime I'd like to try relaxed living on "island time" for awhile to test it out.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For some reason I find this funny. Some crazy lady stole your Crocs, that were left at the end of your dirt driveway while you rode your bike to work...on a tropical island.

Really, I want to be sympathetic but you live on a tropical island!

;-)

The internet is a wonderful thing for finding stuff cheap.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Re: my neighbor stole my shoes? [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My husband was one of those scuba instructors. And you are right, great gig for a while. But I've been on some of those dive boats, and most the the people are fat men bonding. and I've watched with amusement many times, those bikinied babe tourist puking on the dive master? that would have been you. But I guess if the bikini is tiny enough, it would be worth it> We do have old guys coming to try something they have always wanted to do. I know at least 3 older guys who have done it. the problem here: free rooms not likely, and you would be very hard pressed to live on $1000.00 a month. And you would be working your ass off. Actually, I'm curious now how much scuba instructor make? I'll research it for you.
Quote Reply
Re: my neighbor stole my shoes? [jenhs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You are right. After I read your post, I did start laughing a bit. Living on a tropical island does sound great. Sometimes I forget. But I sometimes, I only see how hard the other part is. The actually daily routines of life: like getting mail, or other services: medical treatment, electricity, racial problems, police help. And I do use the internet to get stuff. Thank god for roadrunners sports.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Next time you see this person mention your nasty foot fungus issues that are really flaring....

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I kinda feel like she did you a favor. Now she's the one wearing the world's ugliest shoes instead of you. Maybe pick up a pair of Keen sandals instead?

I do sympathize with you though. Leaving someone "stranded" without shoes is one of the lowest things someone can do to you. I once slept on the Bremerton-to-Seattle ferry (I took my shoes off while I slept, because that's what you do when you sleep, right?) to wake up with my shoes missing. It was not a pleasant walk to the car in the cold rain without shoes.

Steve
Last edited by: sestivers: Jun 14, 08 7:33
Quote Reply
Re: my neighbor stole my shoes? [sestivers] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
you are so right. those shoes are butt ugly. I will look into the keens. But oddly enough, those crocs are good for me and my one bad foot. Now I use old running shoes instead. thanks
Quote Reply