Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Training in Boulder
Quote | Reply
Hi there! I was wondering whether some of you may be able to help me with this. My husband and I (both from the UK) are going to Boulder for just over a week and was wondering whether anyone can recommend any good training routes, sessions, swimming pools etc. And advice is greatly appreciated.
Quote Reply
Re: Training in Boulder [ADC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm no help with routes and whatnot, but I would suggest posting this in the tri forum because you will end up with a lot more options! Enjoy your stay there :)

Quote | Reply
Boulder Rec Centres - most of the pools:

http://www.ci.boulder.co.us/...=1263&Itemid=455

I've only ben here a month - hopefully some real locals will chime in but there are tons of great places to ride and run. Up Lee Hill Rd To Lefthand Canyon, through Ward, up to the Peak to Peak and back through Nederland is one of my favourites so far. St Vrain Canyon is also really beautiful.

Where are you staying?
Quote Reply
Re: Training in Boulder [Miranda] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for this -sounds good. We are staying at the Marriot in Louisville. Thanks a lot for the info. I am so looking forward to it. As you can imagine living in London is not great for training
Quote Reply
Re: Training in Boulder [ADC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi,
You're heading to a great place to train! I live about 40 minutes south of Boulder now (just outside of Denver) but I lived in Boulder for the summer of 2006. One of my favorite runs was along the Bobolink trail (Southwest Boulder) and hopping in the creek after. The Boulder creek path is paved and runs along the creek through town. It's not really ideal for a hard ride (b/c there's usually a lot of people on it), but good to get from point A to point B. There's tons of trails that run all over, something I was amazed about coming from the east coast. Going up Lefthand Canyon is a popular ride and really scenic. Boulder Reservoir is great for a starting point for runs and rides, and also offers open water swimming during set hours. Here are some links:

5430 sports - www.5430sports.com - they run some of the best tris out of the Boulder Res, you can use their course maps as guides for rides and runs
Boulder trails - town website with a good map of trails
Boulder Masters Swimming - http://www.bamswimteam.org/ - lists the times Boulder Res is open for open water swimming

Enjoy!

-Amy
Powder7 Ski Shop, Golden, Colorado
Quote Reply