Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

reassurance
Quote | Reply
Alright, tell me it's OK.

I was intending to run 16 and bike 80 over the weekend, and I only made it to 13 and 70.
Saturday all day we had a wedding to attend (we were family and briefly in the wedding, so HAD to go). So I tried to run on Friday after work. I made it to 13 miles and called the husband for a 'rescue'. Never had to do that before - but I worked all day and it was much hotter than it's been recently. Then Sunday afternoon we biked 70, I rode with the husband and his friend who can hand me my bum over and over and over again. I call them "B and C" rides, as in "Barf and Cry". They found my breaking point a couple of times, especially near the end of the ride when the friend was testing out his "lead out pacing" as he is a bike racer guy. I was behind him hanging on for dear life.

IMLP is in 7 weeks. TTT was last weekend (first time, solo, finished, yay!).

I think it's OK I was a tad short on the miles but I can't shake that feeling that is bothering me that I didn't get them in.
Quote Reply
Re: reassurance [determination] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hmmm... upset about 3 miles on the run and 10 on the bike? Yes, it's ok. Very ok. When I first started reading I thought you were going to say that you missed the workouts, or cut them in half. Even then I was going to say not to worry too much (sometimes a break like that is good for the body and the soul). But shortened by 3 miles and 10 miles? And you just did TTT? Man I wish I had your problems :P

Quote | Reply
Man I wish I had your problems

Ha! Me too. You'll be just fine. Relax a bit and enjoy the last few weeks leading up to LP.
Quote Reply
Re: reassurance [DawnT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OK thanks folks. It is just one of those I know it's OK but my mind keeps trying to play tricks on me.
THANKS!!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I WISH I had put in those miles this weekend!!

Come crawling faster
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I only did half of what I should've done for cycling yesterday.

Someone smart told me it was OK so I'm over it.

You're not alone :-)

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Last weekend I had a 100 mile ride on my schedule and only did 90 because of heavy traffic both on the bike trail (walkers with kids) and on the roads. I felt fine about it since I pushed hard.

You did great. You had a hard ride and 10 miles is no big deal. A could miles short isn't going to mean the difference between finishing LP and no.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
holy cow you did TTT! allow your mind and spirit a break please. it's not like you did no mileage!

you are doing great. the fitness from TTT is major, and you will see that start to materialize very soon.

feel good about all you're doing, because it is major. the terrain of TTT alone should be a great confidence booster.

come race day, you will feel like a rock star. remember, right now sometimes it's about "getting through" as this is the home stretch and all of that volume has an effect. this is the time to really listen to your body, as the immune system has been pushed, as well as your muscles and tendons. asking for that "bail out", might have kept you from going straight over the edge.

lastly, you are training for the race. not to train. you did the right thing, and come race day, you will be stylin.
Quote Reply
Re: reassurance [kittycat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks! You are right! This week I am feeling much more like my old self. ~4 weeks until the taper for IMLP!
I am feeling a lot better this time around in general while training for IM. Last time around, IMWI, I was a lot more taxed.
Things I think that are helping:
1. A lot more running volume over the winter
2. Better nutrition - whole foods, less processed stuff, but still having a sweet here and there
3. Dilligent about the recovery drink after every workout
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I can't tell you how many rides I cut short when I was training for IMAZ. It's the consistency of getting out there all the time that matters most. Sometimes you gotta cut them short for sanity!
Quote Reply