Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

My new weight loss strategy
Quote | Reply
I've gained weight over the past year since LP and I've been struggling to lose it again. I find that I lose 5 - 6 lbs and then put it back on. The scale has been a constant yo-yo since January. Very frustrating. I considered going back to Weight Watchers since it helped me lose weight in the past. The problem with WW is that I don't really keep a food journal and I don't get much out of the meetings. The reason it helps me lose weight is because I have to face the scale once a week with another person logging my weight. That's the motivation I need to stay on track (silly, I know, but everyone needs to find what works for them). Since that's all I get from WW, it seems silly to pay them $15/week just for that.

So, during my long run, I got the brilliant idea of logging my weight with my husband once a week. The hardest part was sending him my initial weigh in and having to acknowledge to another human being how much weight I've gained. Ugh! But, I stayed on track last week and lost 1.2 lbs.

He has strict instructions to just record the weight and not make any other comments. The last thing I need is him giving me weight loss advice (he's a naturally thin person who can eat just about anything and still not gain weight). That would not be good for our relationship.

So, I'll keep you updated and let you know if we're still married after a few months of this! Anyone else have any strategies that sound crazy, but work?
Quote Reply
Re: My new weight loss strategy [DawnT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Could we do this here? post our weight once a week?
I am game to try anything. I managed to lose quite a bit now those last 5-10 have been with me for a year now and not budging (yes, I can very much afford to lose that!)
Quote Reply
Re: My new weight loss strategy [kbee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I actually weigh myself daily and have an excel spreadsheet to track it. I find this helps not only with keeping my weight in check, but with seeing what workouts I'm over or under nutritioned for too.
I'm not sure I would be willing to put my weight out there for all to see.... yet! hehe

Quote | Reply
Could we do this here? post our weight once a week?

Sure. We've done weight loss challenges in the past and that has also helped me. We can do it either as a new thread or under the "How'd you do" thread that I start every Monday. Actually, I think I'll start posting my loss/gains in that thread every week. I need to get serious about this weight loss or I'll have no chance at my marathon goal this fall.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I plan on a similar strategy starting soon as I try to drop 5-7 lbs for my key race in August. I'll be reporting my weight to my girlfriend (I weigh myself every morning), and I'll have her tell me (hopefully on a daily basis) that I cannot snack after dinner. Once dinner is over, my mouth stays shut. I think this should help me stay accountable. Good luck to you!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm game.

We can just put -1.2 or +1 to account for how many pounds has been lost or gained. We don't need to put down our actual weight.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Re: My new weight loss strategy [matti58] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm in too! I need some motivation!
Quote Reply