Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Failure
Quote | Reply
I call this "What I should be doing vs. what I am doing"

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Re: Failure [jenhs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No-one's to say you can't do both...

Set up the trainer, clip in and spin z1 while you eat your dessert. Then get a bit of a workout in to follow.

Getting dressed and out the door is often the hardest part about training.

<If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough>
Get Fitter!
Proud member of the Smartasscrew, MONSTER CLUB
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bastard! All I can think about now....... gah! lol

Quote | Reply
darnit...the problem is that i have some yummy homemade cookie dough in the freezer just waiting to be baked off AND the oven is currently on to 350degrees while heating something else up. the cookies are now calling my name......and they're getting louder

http://smallfoodbiz.com
</blatent self-marketing>
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Everyone deserves a treat....just as long as it isn't every single day!! YUMMY.

Quote | Reply
What I failed to mention is that I ate the mate to the chocolate chip cookie on the drive home from the grocery store. Tomorrow is another day....

Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You wouldn't feel so bad if you had any idea how much I ate for dinner/dessert tonight ;)

Haim

-------------------------------------------------------
"Sometimes you need to think INSIDE the box!" -- ME
"Why squirrel hate me?"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
             Don't forget to stop and smell the roses,or should I say,eat the cookies,on your triathlon journey.For heavens sake, life is there to be lived so live it while you can.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wow, that looks good!
Quote Reply
Re: Failure [matti58] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It was!

I am just shy of my goal weight for CdA so this silly sundae is getting in my way. I'm trying to stay off the sweets so I called this "failure" because of that.

It was super good though and I probably wouldn't have felt so bad if I also hadn't skipped my workout.

:-)

I suppose this isn't going to make a real difference in how I do on race day so a little perspective is a good thing.

Jen

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I once ate a salad (enough for three to four people), a chicken breast, a large pizza, and then continued on to eat a half gallon of ice cream after a long workout (6000m and then 215 miles) and I never felt better and worse in my life :)

I really don't know how I fit all of it in my stomach, but wow did it feel super good eating it.

"your horse is too high" - tigerchik
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So you are saying that you should be eating that dessert before it melts all over your bike, instead of taking pics and making me hungry? :)

---
Miles of Life --- Powered by MarkyV
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I will join you on the "what I am doing" part!

http://www.rdsupplier.com "making race directing easier"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Honestly...I may get flamed for this...but I don't really see what's the problem with eating that. (well, I'd need a lactaid pill). I eat the equivalent every day.

I know my diet needs perfection (I should eat more in the AM to hold off cravings in the PM) but I would never, ever beat myself up for eating a treat. I do not look like "RunLikeAMother" and probably never will, but I do weigh 111, which is well within the normal range for my height (5'4"). I'd really rather eat the sundae and weigh 112 than waste an iota of emotional energy worrying about it.

Wait, was this post a joke and I'm not getting it? Hope you enjoyed the sundae!!! You are doing CdA?? Who knows, maybe memory of that fabulous sundae will pull you thru a rough spot. JMO!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Quote Reply
Re: Failure [WeRide] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It was pretty tongue in cheek. It is a reference to the goals thread we have going and that we all seem to be saying we need to cut out the sugar. I'm trying to because I'd like to drop a little more weight before IM CdA.

Jen

Quote Reply
Re: Failure [southerngal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My mouth is watering....

Jen

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oh - don't mind my utter lack of humor. I was brain dead yesterday from a ride that went unspeakably wrong. I was in the saddle for over 5.5 hours and due to city congestion and getting lost repeatedly, well I won't even post how bad the mileage shook out. I think my 4th grader could cover more miles than I did. Just some bad s***. So when I signed on and saw the post title, I just figured someone must have been watching me out there. ;-)

And then I open it up and see this perfectly lovely innocent sundae! You can imagine my indignance.

Good luck with your final push towards CdA. I am a BOP-er as well. I look forward to perusing your blog next chance I get.

~~~~~~~~~
Quote Reply
Re: Failure [WeRide] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You think you have it bad? Try having a pregnant wife with major cravings but little appitite.

Today I have eaten Chick-fil-a, taco-bell and 1.5 snow cones all within about 4 hours. I don't actually have to order anything. She orders a ton, then gets 2 bites in, says she's full and hands me the rest (and I can't let good food go to waste).

sometimes you just have to eat the cake
Quote Reply
Re: Failure [vortmax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good for you for taking a hit for the team!

I think I'd be sick if I ate everything you listed. At least she could crave something decent like cake. :-)

Jen

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My current failure: was supposed to do a long run this morning and weights this afternoon/evening. So far I've managed to eat and sleep. I think I've slept more than I've been awake today actually haha. So now do I go out for my run at 7:30 or 8 (only 70ish minutes, recovery week) or just say F IT! and get a kick ass dinner? I'm sure you can guess what I'm leaning toward lol

Quote | Reply
I slept through a race yesterday, ran 2 hours instead. Went out to eat a Claim Jumper and had a veggie burger but only ate half plus a big salad. Of course, I also ate half the french fries and some fried zucchini. Not quite 100%. Today was an 80 mile ride and yup, a big cookie for dinner plus Quiznos. After a long ride I get a damn cookie!!!

Go out and run.

Jen

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So I just started to get myself ready to get out and run, and ended up with the runs. I'm not really sure what happened there, but I don't much feel like testing it out on the open road lol. Maybe some Dairy Queen will make me feel better hah

Quote | Reply
Did you end up making the cookies? If so, how were they? Details pleeze....

Jen

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I didn't actually end up making the cookies the other night as there are currently a ton of family issues going on right now that didn't have me in a cookie kind of mood (which is saying a lot). However I did end up making a new batch of cookie dough (chocolate truffle cookies - delicious!) which has joined the other cookie dough in my freezer and I'm planning to make some snickerdoodle dough either today or tomorrow. Can you tell I deal with stress by baking? ;)

http://smallfoodbiz.com
</blatent self-marketing>
Quote Reply