Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

eyelashes question
Quote | Reply
ok, this might seem like a weird question, but here goes: due to a medical condition I have to tape my eyes shut every night, over the years this has caused my eyelashes to progressively tilt more and more downwards so that now rather than pointing directly outwards (curled slightly up) like they used to, they point nearly straight down and are interfering with my vision due to them being fairly long-ish (for a guy of course).

Are there any products anywhere that will curl your eyelashes up WITHOUT looking like you are wearing make-up? I really don't want to look like I am wearing mascara, just for my eyelashes to be out of the way of my vision like they used to be!

thanks for any ideas you might have...
Last edited by: Marco in BC: May 23, 08 14:22
Quote Reply
Re: eyelashes question [Marco in BC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Eyelash curler:

I've never used one, but I think it will do what you want. The only problem is that it might curl them too much. Not sure how much control you have over the curl.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You can get an eyelash curler that is a tool without any make-up on it. Depending on how hard you squeeze with determine how curly they are. You can also get a clear mascara that doesn't add any color that will hold them in place.

This is a really nice curler. It doesn't crimp your eyelashes because of the rubber on the rims. Some cheaper ones will leave your lashes looking strange.

http://www.sephora.com/...amp;categoryId=C7010

Here is some clear mascara that might be worth a try.

http://www.sephora.com/...7&categoryId=B70

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Re: eyelashes question [jenhs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I tried the curler (ok, there goes my 'man card') but as much as they stay in place for an hour or so they end up 'falling down' again, being taped in a position for 8 hours > being held up with a curler for 20 seconds... or is there a trick? I read somewhere that heating the curler with the hair dryer might help, but it didn't seem to make much of a difference for me.

I will have a look at the clear mascara, but if you put that on does it mean you have to strip it off with chemicals every day? my eyes already have issues and I am not sure if that would work
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think the clear mascara will do the trick. Unless you get a waterproof one you can just clean it off with soap and water. As long as you get a quality brand, not one off the wall at the drugstore, you should be OK.

I think the Sephora brand I linked to will work for you. If there is a Sephora store you can go check it out and pretend it is for your girlfriend or wife :-)

Otherwise, it is inexpensive.

Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Re: eyelashes question [jenhs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
heh, thanks, unfortunately sephora doesn't have any stores in BC (only eastern Canada) so I have to try and find something similar from a different brand
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This may sound weird - have you considered trimming them?

I can only imagine what you are going through. I have very long eye lashes and I probably wouldn't be able to see 3 meters in front of me if they were forced straight.

"your horse is too high" - tigerchik
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Try going to a nice department store and ask at some of the make-up counters. I don't know what your equivalent of a Nordstroms or a Macy's but a make-up counter tour there would probably get you what you want.

Bobbi Brown has a brow shaper in clear that might work. You should be able to find that line in a store. One of my favorite make-up companies.

http://www.bobbibrowncosmetics.com/...;PRODUCT_ID=PROD7561

Jen

Quote Reply
Re: eyelashes question [Hid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
This may sound weird - have you considered trimming them?

I have, and I have heard bad things about that (hard to make them look natural, and once you do it's hard to get them to regrow properly), not to mention that due to the angle I'd have to cut them quite a bit, which would suck for the dust etc. factor

I will go to the cosmetics counter at the bay and see what they tell me, thanks for the tips jehns
Quote Reply