Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Post deleted by holdencain
Last edited by: holdencain: May 18, 08 15:13
Re: Guess I'm getting engaged this weekend...any ideas? [holdencain] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Getting proposed to on the beach is a lovely idea! Can't get more romantic than that!!
Quote Reply
Re: Guess I'm getting engaged this weekend...any ideas? [holdencain] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
engagement ring on her birthday = 2 birds w/ one stone (pun intended), very efficient!!

---------------------------------------------------
"Pops trippin'. He want me to ask for my bike back. You know i wouldn't trip."
Quote Reply
Post deleted by holdencain [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A walk on the beach sounds like a great idea. The simpler you can keep your plan, the easier it will be to surprise her.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You absolutely must clear this with the bridal couple first, but if she catches the bouquet (or you catch the garter), you could say, "We don't want to make these other ladies (or men) wait too long. Will you marry me?" Since there's all sorts of attention being given to the people who catch the bouquet/garter anyway, it's not like a proposal would be stealing the spotlight too much. (And, if it's one of those weddings where they try to make the man who catches the garter put it on the woman who catches the bouquet, your proposal will short-circuit that nonsense.) Your fiance will know it wasn't a spur-of-the-moment proposal because you'll be giving her the ring as you say it.

Since catching the bouquet/garter isn't something you can plan, you'd need to have a second proposal plan ready.

Clarification: I'm saying to ask the bridal couple first because some couples would have a problem with a proposal taking place at their wedding reception. I'm not suggesting you ask them to "fix" the bouquet/garter toss.

"Real winners aren't content with yesterday's victories"
Last edited by: SaraJean: May 20, 08 9:42
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My brother in law proposed to my sister on a beach. He said something like I think we should collect a rock from each place we travel too. So they started looking for a rock and wallah, jeff said to annita, i have found the perfect rock. I suppose you could say a seashell as well. lots of people collect seashells as souvenirs.

L
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
my brother proposed to his wife on the beach in nova scotia. he said "would you mind marrying me?" and she said "i dont think that would be so bad"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
First, make sure you keep it a surprise and she doesn't have a clue what you are up to.

I would be cautious with proposing at someone else's wedding. I know someone that had that happen to them without being asked and they were a little disappointed to be sharing their "day."

Best of luck!

http://www.rdsupplier.com "making race directing easier"
Quote Reply
Re: Guess I'm getting engaged this weekend...any ideas? [southerngal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hiding the ring under a shell or rock and asking her to pick it up might be nice.

getting to the beach before your walk to write "will you marry me?" in the sand would be fun.

one couple i know was eating oysters which the guy had picked up and had shucked. one of hers had the ring inside (instead of a fleshy raw oyster).

or, if weather doesn't cooperate, there's always having the inn staff plant the ring in her breakfast somehow. i've heard of putting it at the bottom of a mimosa.

good luck!!

http://www.athletefocus.com
Quote Reply
Re: Guess I'm getting engaged this weekend...any ideas? [nalitri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I proposed to my wife where we first met, on the grounds of a school yard. We met at a bicycle rally where I offered to fix her bike. Instead 2 months later I ordered her a custom frame...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are you nervous?

What about the cat? I thought she had a cat that you were allergic to. Did it get the boot? (I hope not ;-) )
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wait until Sunday to propose so there isn't any spotlight stealing from the couple getting married. Or, as has been suggested, talk with the couple beforehand and arrange it.

We didn't have a romantic proposal and I wish we had. Good for you for planning this. She will always remember it and be sure she has good bragging rights to her girlfriends.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
  • Buy a bunch of flowers
  • Go down the the beach or preferably have a friend go down
  • Create an outline with the flowers or buds
  • They use more flowers or buds to write in the center "will you marry me"

This is what we did for a friend.

The way that I proposed to my wife went like this:
  • She went shopping with my sister in-law (by the way also my best friend)
  • I had ordered 12 dozen roses which I spread throughout the house
  • I had picked up several items to reflect different things about how I feel about her and written reference to them in a card, here is an example:
    • A globe, because I would walk the world a million times to be with you
    • A phone, because you can call on me any time you need me
    • Screws, because you can screw me any time you want :)
    • A pack of Lifesavers (the candy) because my life has been changed since I met you
    • A pen, so you can write the many memories we will share
    • All and all there was 12 with the last being a flashlight, so she could point it at my hand and see it sparkle.
  • I had wrapped each item in seperate bags and after she opened the card, I read it off as she opened each item. When she got to the flashlight I had pulled out the ring and held it in my hand, down on one knee and asked her to marry me.

Great memories. What ever you decide to do, I would make it as special as possible. It will be a day that you look back on forever :)

Good luck!

"your horse is too high" - tigerchik
Quote Reply
Re: Guess I'm getting engaged this weekend...any ideas? [SaraJean] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i would be furious if someone did that at my wedding and would not appreciate it at all.
no offense, but to propose at someone else's wedding is just wildly inappropriate, IMO.

HC, i think it is nice of you to surprise her like this. my best advice is to relax, as anything too planned will feel forced. just go with it and you will know the right moment. it might even be in your hotel when you're relaxing, who knows. it's about how you feel for each other, not really how or where you do it. doing it with loving intentions is the important thing.
Last edited by: kittycat: May 16, 08 5:09
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It sounds like it is time to change your nick to ballnchain :)

Quote Reply
Last edited by: holdencain: May 18, 08 15:14
Quote | Reply
Whoa!!! Way to go, that's so cool....and a great story for later in life!!

Kat Donatello
2015 Betty Designs Team
RD, The Pumpkinman Triathlon Festival
http://www.pumpkinmantriathlon.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congrats!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
nice story! congrats!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congratulations!!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
way to go!!!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Guess I'm getting engaged this weekend...any ideas?(DONE!!!!!!) [holdencain] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
congratulations!!! sounds like the weekend unfolded perfectly for you :)

"What am I on? I'm on my bike busting my ass for six hours a day. What are YOU on?" - Lance Armstrong
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congratulations!!!! It sounds like the perfect moment and something you both will remember for years :-)

A tip - remember to be so thoughtful and kind when all the wedding planning begins :-)

Quote Reply

Prev Next