Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Giving up diet Coke [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Maybe we can next switch from chips to veggies and fruit!!

clm
Don't talk crazy talk! :P

Quote | Reply
Well, we'll keep the beer!

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: Giving up diet Coke [cuds] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
You have all just inspired me to give up my nasty habit. While I have cut down in the last little while, I still drink a ton! Now the only question is, is it better to do it now (next week so I can wrap my head around this new plan) or wait until after IMC (yes I know it's a long way off) so that I don't f up my training by being all tired and headachey?

Well, I found I slept better after I gave up my caffeine habit, so I'd argue that doing it sooner rather than later is better.

"Real winners aren't content with yesterday's victories"
Quote Reply
Re: Giving up diet Coke [SaraJean] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fair enough... you're a little late on this one though since I gave it up over 2 weeks ago now :)

Quote | Reply
Well, I am a month off it!!!!!!! Woo hoo!!!!!! I have been sleeping great and even dreamning. I DO still have my chip habit, though. Oh, and then there's the beer and wine. What's life without a vice, right????????????
Quote Reply
Re: Giving up diet Coke [cuds] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's great! :-)

Quote Reply
Re: Giving up diet Coke [tab] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
24 hours and counting.

Here is a question though. I was thinking that I could substitute the crystal light or the propel packets into bottled water. But then I started looking at the ingredients of each and found artificial sweeteners in both. Crystal light has aspartame while Propel has splenda. Now I am confused. Is there any real benefit of getting off DC only to go to something else with artificial sweetener? And if I did go with one of the above, which would be less harmful, aspartame or splenda.

I have been brewing iced tea for months and instead of adding sugar, I have been adding splenda. Thought I was doing something good but now I realize I may have just been shotting myself in the foot.

So what it the collective's take on artificial sweeteners? Is there a preference between aspartame and splenda?

"It takes courage to do it, to be a runner. We all found that out a long time ago. Because it's about more than fatigue. It's about pain, and dealing with it for a long time. And its about resolve." - Quentin Cassidy
Quote Reply
Re: Giving up diet Coke [BBdawg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Artificial sweetners = bad either way you go. Less research has been done on Splenda, but the more they do the more they find it's just as bad as aspartame. I replaced my Diet Coke/Pepsi with water and water only. Very occasionally I will have just a little bit of "all real" (natural sweeteners only) apple juice - usually no more than about 150mL of that though.

Quote | Reply
<<I replaced my Diet Coke/Pepsi with water and water only. <<

Agreed. And coffee, tea, beer and wine.

clm

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: Giving up diet Coke [BBdawg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I have been brewing iced tea for months and instead of adding sugar, I have been adding splenda. Thought I was doing something good but now I realize I may have just been shotting myself in the foot.

So what it the collective's take on artificial sweeteners? Is there a preference between aspartame and splenda?
My preference is mint tea. It's calorie-free, caffeine-free, and has no artificial sweeteners.

Quote Reply

Prev Next