Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

First Timer
Quote | Reply
So I've recently been turned onto the sport and have been starting to swim and run regularly but I've got a problem as far as a bike is concerned. I'm a broke college freshman, and really am just looking for a decent cheap bike to just start riding on.

Any suggestions where I might start looking or if anyone has heard of anything?

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: First Timer [afp7] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
look in the slowtwitch classifieds!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Craigslist is a good place to start. Maybe also try a local tri club or cycle club. I know my local cycle clubs message board always has people giving away and selling at a great price bikes that are no longer used.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How much are you looking to spend? I have a 54 transition that I was considering putting on ebay, but....

http://www.rdsupplier.com "making race directing easier"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tell all of your friends and family that you're looking for a bike. You'd be surprised the kinds of road bikes that are gathering dust in people's garages. I rode a borrowed bike for my first 2 years. Also, talk to your LBS. They often know of people who are upgrading and looking to get rid of their old bike. They can also help you with fair pricing. If they're a good LBS, then they'll want to make you happy so you'll be a lifelong customer.
Quote Reply