Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

So, how serious are you?
Quote | Reply
how many hours a week do you put in .....
beginning of season?
peak training?
tapering?
for an ironman and 1/2?
Quote Reply
Re: So, how serious are you? [triandtri again] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The first four questions depend on length or race and race schedule.

"your horse is too high" - tigerchik
Quote Reply
Re: So, how serious are you? [Hid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
The first four questions depend on length or race and race schedule.
sorry...thought i'd stated that....just for an ironman or a 1/2
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm pregnant this year so I'm not serious at all right now but last year where I did an IM and a few halves I did 15+ weeks in the beginning, 20+ weeks in peak and 10+ weeks in taper. Now instead of spending that time training I've been learning how to cook. Given the number of times I've set off the smoke alarm I think my time was better spent training.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
10-15 hrs beginning
20-25 hrs peak
10-15 hrs taper
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My typical training week is between 6 and 8 hours a week. As you can see, I'm not very serious about this stuff. I do it for fun and fit it in where I can.

For my first IM last year, I did a bit more and averaged about 10 for 6 months and had a peak of 14.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Beginning: 6-8
Peak: 8-12
Taper: 5ish

I'd like to train more, but it's just not feasible with work and school. I would say I'm somewhat serious. Training is a priority for me - I'll leave early from a night out at the bars to go home and be ready to train in the morning; It's not my only priority - I won't skip family/friends events entirely to train if the event is important. My relationships are more important, so sometimes it's better for me to go for a long walk with my husband and dog than to do a tempo run...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
15-20 for either.

about 10 in a taper week.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
OK, I've never really done it like that, hee hee hee.
I'm with Dawn I"m in it for fun. Though I am trying to stick to an actual plan of action this, my 3rd season. I think I will probably adopt a "plan" for the winter as well.

So right now it's anywhere from 8-12. I think the "Plan" calls for about 6 in the taper week. I haven't really got a good handle on the whole taper idea.

Up until about 12 weeks ago, I just did whatever the hell I felt like doing when the eyes blinked open in the morning :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well, my wife won a lottery spot for Kona. Already she's early to bed and up a 5:45 AM while I'm night owling and sleeping in much later. She's a school teacher and has the summer off, but with Kona training, I'll probably not even see much of her this summer.:-)
Quote Reply