Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Slowman.....calling Slowman......
Quote | Reply
Dan, In light of what is happening in the world, and the divisions inherent in such actions, I recommend you censor all further threads having to do with the Iraqi conflict (and any others). This forum community comes from many backgrounds and from many sides of such issues. That being the case, these threads serve to divide an otherwise fairly united community of tri people. My politics don't have a damn thing to do with my tri-life. I'd hate to see people's opinions of each other degrade just because they don't agree with another's personal politics. If someone shows their ass regarding multisport that's one thing. Politics don't belong here. Sure I have the option not to open a particular thread, but there seem to be more and more of them lately and some start with outright trolling for reactions.
Quote Reply
Re: Slowman.....calling Slowman...... [TriBriGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree and everone who is registered or wants to register should have to use a real name real address and maybe even a correct phone number,its real easy to be a ass when you know no one knows who you are,and this site has had its share of asses,starting to sound like SLOWBITCH
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I disagree. I ignore most of the war discussion, but it is good to let us vent a bit. It is mostly respectful, though obviously not completely. I think the forum can survive this, but it is obviously Dan's call.
Quote Reply
Re: Slowman.....calling Slowman...... [ajfranke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am sure that there are forums where current events are the main topic,why do people come to a tri site to talk war??????Maybe we should talk about the latest in medical advances,or gardening,or even our jobs.Randall
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
good points. i thought it worthy of an oped, which is up on our home page.

thx

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Slowman.....calling Slowman...... [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you Dan

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"on your Left"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TriBriGuy,

You couldn't have been more right about the war threads. Other (myself included) even tried stopping it, all to no avail. I've been watching that one grow for a while now and it is really starting to hit rock bottom.

It's really kind of sad actually that "adults" have resorted to such name calling.

It is entertaining though.

Tyrius
Quote Reply
Re: Slowman.....calling Slowman...... [Tyrius] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
who are you calling adults? man can't we just talk about whatever we want and debate? it's fun. dan runs a great forum because he doesn't control our thoughts.

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Re: Slowman.....calling Slowman...... [customerjon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
On that I 100% agree.

Dan site, Dans rules and if you dont like it why not follow Dans lead as in his Op-ed and simply not read it.

I have to be honest and say that while I am sure there are at least a couple of people that have taken it personally nothing that's been said here would possess me to persecute or take it further in person.

I'd have no problem with meeting anyone here. I dont think there would be any sort of meeting of minds beyond prehaps sharing a beer, I doubt that there is that much in common beyond that and tri but thats life, we tend to gravitate to those with common interests, values etc etc and this has just illustrated the diversity here and thats not such a bad thing in the end.
Last edited by: Andrewmc: Mar 25, 03 16:35
Quote Reply
Re: Slowman.....calling Slowman...... [Andrewmc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
still don't want to slow dance with me?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
not for all the tea in china but I'd let you buy me a beer.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
shiner bach it is! combo fajitas included.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cant do it I'm boycotting Mexico, Germany, china from China and cutlery from SE Asia or Spain.

You can buy me a Fat Tire, Pete's or Sam Adams, no conflicts or boycotts necessary there. I'll also take a number one breakfast meal from McDonalds witha large coke.

On top of which someone else just accused me of living in the Weimar although of all the things I said I dont think that was a claim I ever made.

:)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Weimar comment was retracted. Perhaps I misread an earlier post.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
shiner bach is brewed in shiner, tx. just outside of austin so your safe there. fajitas where devleoped in so cal. so stop being a bitch and eat and drink up!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fu*k it, I'm in :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
how do you feel about compact frames?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
F*ck em, I dont own one, real men ride real frames..........actually something that really does piss me off on a more serious note is the splines on a 105 BB are not the same as on an Ultegra.

Did you know that?

Also WTF is up with Asics discontinuing the MC plus?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i thought they where all supposed to fit. well the 105 is out of price range anyway.

(yes i will whine and cry about not having any of my gear and only dan can stop me!)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
why dont you have any gear and they are not the same, that was an expensive lesson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i is dead broke. had to sale everything to keep my house and get my kids clothes. really, no lie. my running shoes are worn and my knees kill me too much to run in them anymore. sorry. i'm in a bitter mood.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
well I've been unemployed since September, feel your pain, dont have a family so have not reached that stage yet.

Sorry to hear about that, seriously.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
brother it's all cool. if the old saying aobut judging a man by his family is true i am the richest man on earth.

Quote Reply