Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Let's see your ride! [ace7196] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

-------------------------
http://www.ventuscustoms.com Custom Bicycle Painting.
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [Alex E] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

I just wanted to re-post this one. I see it every time there is a new post at the top of the page, and something about it is SO nice. The flat black, the fixed seatpost....wow.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
"Lemond is cycling's version of Rev Jessie Jackson." -johnnyperu 5/18/07
"Just because I suck doesn't mean my bike has to" -rickn 9/2/08
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [Jim Mishler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How does the water bottle straws work for you? Trying to do a similar thing.

Cheers Rick
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [lovethattuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi i was wondering how fast you lot go on these amazing bikes how many of for break the hour for 40k? or is the bike to go for you

Andy
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [Brind-Surch] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i go lot fast for break for hour for 40k. sometime maybe the bike to go for me too. Thanks for asking. Hope this helps.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here's my super uber training bike ;-)

Anyway...a cool background.[/img]

"your horse is too high" - tigerchik
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [Hid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great scenery, and nice legs:)

------------------------------
Another IM in 2016 - hopefully..
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [islandman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Between tri bikes but heres my road
Specialized Tarmac Pro

Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [lovethattuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i pieced that together with parts from a couple systems and some plastic tubing. its works quite well. probably the hardest thing to come up with is the pinch valve for the mouthpiece. i can also run it with a two bottle set up. the tubing for that was a bit more difficult to fabricate but it works

Train hard...race well.
www.jimmishler.com
"Jim, I happen to agree with you" DougStern
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [aequitates] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That thing is sweet! I guess I'll go ahead and post my roadie...

And one of the fixie...

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My latest builds. Just some fun builds to ride and enjoy. Still have my 15.5 lbs. Cervelo Dual.

12.83 lbs.

13.13 lbs.

12.38 lbs. finished with bar tape.

Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [Bman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow, those are incredible
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [Easyrhino72] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Forgot about my Specialized Langster at 13.22 lbs. Goal is to get this just under 13 lbs. I am very close as I just changed out the saddle, new bars on the way and I need to finalize the length of the steerer and cut it. I will get rid of the stickers on the wheels as I just do not like the look of them.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here's my new Planet X Pro Road Ti. Will post more pics when I get it built up.

Ric
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My Litespeed Palmares road bike. Don't have any good pictures available of my tri bike right now.

Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [Alex E] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I finally got my new race wheels!

I think I might take the stickers off. I wish the entire thing could be matte black... no logos. That would be great.

Erik
Strava
Last edited by: mcdoublee: May 3, 08 13:33
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [mcdoublee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

If I keep it here, perhaps most people will ignore it and not mock me too much!
Last edited by: zebragonzo: May 3, 08 14:04
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [mcdoublee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The build looks great. I do agree with the stickers coming off. I think it would clean up the look of the build for sure. Once that is done, you could take your forks off the build and in an afternoon get rid of the stickers on that. All it would leave is the stickers on the frame itself but it would sure clean up things.

For the forks, take them into your spare tub if you have one with some 600, 800 and 1000 grit wet/dry sandpaper and fill the tub up enough to cover the forks sideways.

Start with the 600g sandpaper to cut through the surface of the clearcoat on the forks, once you are through that and start to sand off the stickers/lettering switch over to the 800g. Once the writing is off, sand that surface with the 1000g and the rest of the forks. You need to sand the rest of the forks to create mini scratches for the new clear coat to stick too. Head to the local automotive store and buy a can of clearcoat. Do not cheap out and get the good stuff.

Spray outside on a nice clear day and do a light sanding once dried in the tub with the water again. Dry if off and spray a few more times doing it the same way. After about three times with the clear, all you have to do is buff it up and life is good. I remember reading somewhere that to take the gloss off all you have to do is take some steel wool to the fork. I am not sure about the last step to make them flat but someone will know how.

I have done this process with forks in the past and will be doing this to a few pairs of cranks in the next little while on my 12.80 road build above and another bike to get rid of the FSA stickers on the cranks.

It is a fun project is you have the patience to do it. If you do not then the next best way to do it is send it too Brent at Rue Sports in Arizona. Brent makes high end carbon bikes and did the forks on the road build above for me as I did not have the time to do it this time around and did it for a good price. I figure my time was worth more than he charged so life is good.

Everyone puts way too many stickers on their products and I just take them all off when they are not covered by clear coat. Every sticker on my wheels have been taken off or are in the process of coming off. I think that the RENN 575 stickers will be the tough one.
Last edited by: Bman: May 3, 08 14:46
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [zebragonzo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My co-worker and myself agree that your bike is rad. Super rad.
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [NateC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Nate,

FYI - Above is my wife's bike - Paolina Allan's Trek WSD Equinox Team Timex Ltd. Edition. My apologies for the mud and manuer splatters. It was a rough 100K in the rain this morning!! However it gives the bike that spring classics Euro roadie look! :) This is the training mode set up. Racing mode will loose the behind the seat holder, add on Profile aero-bar bottle and Bontrager Aeolus 6.5 tubular wheels.

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Last edited by: Fleck: May 3, 08 17:44
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:
Ok - here is my Soloist, and I had to show off my drivetrain - just cleaned and with a new KMC gold-chain :)

That is a work of beauty
I don't know, all that polishing work and a frayed-ass cable? C'mon!
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Steve! Come on! You know better.

You leave me no choice...

1. Chain is in the small chainring. HUGE ST no no.

2. Cranks aren't parallel to the ground.

3. SPACERS? We don't need no stinking spacers around here. Get your wife a bike that fits!

4. Q rings? If anyone notices those, this is going to turn into a 40 page debate on whether or not they work!

5. Not in race trim.

All of the above are obviously jokes and you know that I don't care.
Out of curiousity, was there a reason you called MissP's bike to my attention? It's a beauty for sure. I'm just wondering if this is in reference to a conversation we had or something.
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [NateC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nate,

My apologies. You were last post on the thread.

You should know me by know that all those details are rather insignificant with me. Where the clock stops is what's important. I will say that this bike has flirted with the 5:00 barrier in an IM a couple of times! :)

The Q-rings are interesting. MissP was given a set to try. As good as a cyclist as she is, she has always had a bit of hiccup in her pedal stroke right at the dead-spot at 12:00. We put the Q-rings on and the hiccup went away and really smoothed things out. Will they make her faster? Hard to say. Pedal stroke is smoother and looks more efficient. Will have to wait and see how the racing goes. She's set to do a ITT next week then it's onto IM Lanzarote!

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Last edited by: Fleck: May 4, 08 5:33
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hope this works...

Architeuthis
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here is the TTX 9.9 in it's current Project One paint job. This will be changed out to a different scheme after Moo this year. I wish I would have made the blue black instead. Oh well :) It has since been upgraded with Sram Red and ditched the behind the seat cages.

Next is the road training ride. 2005 Trek Madone Aero It is a former tour ridden frame. It too has been upgraded but this time with Bontrager Aeolus 5.0 full carbon wheels. This is the last year for this ride. I am upgrading to the '09 Madone after Moo.

Here is my off road training ride. It is a Trek Top fuel with the full carbon rear. It wont get that much use this year for fear of injury and jeopradizing Moo. Since this pic, the fork has been upgraded to a Fox F100 RLC in white.

Owner of a few Speed Concepts since 2011.
Quote Reply

Prev Next