Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

CDA Resort practices
Quote | Reply
I called the cDA resort following the post of JD here about the $389 5 night package. Asked: can you send me the info for this. The guy said yes, sure.

I get the pre-reg. request, fill it out send it back...and then wondered if I would stay 2 more nights and wanted to know how much. Also needed to make sure they got it...

I called them to verify registration...
then asked: how much to come on the 21st instead of the 23...she said $389...oooops...the package for triathlete is VERY VERY misleading...it's actually $389 PER NIGHT... I showed the package doc. to 2 co-workers...none of them could say if it was for 5 nights or per night...

so beware...

I am trying to get the deposit back now...
Quote Reply
Re: CDA Resort practices [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Francois,

That is why I am going to France and did New Zealand and Laguna Phuket. I maintain it is a better value.

Lodging at IMNA events is too expensive for my taste. I had dinner on the beach at Laguna Phuket for $10! And it was nice!

I once calculated it cost me about the same to do Ironman Malaysia at the height of the SARS scare that it would cost me to do IMLP. Let's see, Lake Placid or Kuala Lumpur? Hmmm, that is a pretty easy choice.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: CDA Resort practices [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
either way...even if Europe is cheaper...this is a rip off...how can you believe that #389+Tax+parking is a deal???
Quote Reply
Re: CDA Resort practices [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The international IM races and tri's are worth looking at. I did IMMalaysia for about what it cost to go to IMFlorida, plus I got to fly 1/2 way around the world. My friend that went from OH, got bumped from his flight due NYC closed for snow, ended up going via Los Angeles to Kuala Lumpur and then took his normal flight home - flew around the world with a brief stop to do IMMalaysia.

R2DM

Relax2dmax

"Just remember there is only 2 letters difference between STUD and STUPID." Heard on the course of the 1998 Lost Boys Ultramarathon
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes, you are right. I paid $200 for a cabin to do the Mark Mellon Memorial Triathlon and I'm paying $74.13 per night less a discount from Expedia.com (-$100 off the top of 7 nights X 74.13, that incudes taxes) to stay 400 meters from the French Riviera.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry about that - both Jean and I read it (after I just finished the race of course and was wiped out) and it looked like a 5 night package for 389, which sounded really cheap, but I figured they were giving us a deal. If you read the fine print like I normally do, it says the package includes "overnight accommodations" and 5 night minimum stay. FUCK!!! I changed it to the $319 for now. Let me know what happens and who your contact is at the hotel as I may argue for a refund as well. I could dispute it with my CC company and they will be immediately charged back - ugghh.
Quote Reply
Re: CDA Resort practices [Jason D] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
no worries Jason. I showed it to 2 co-workers...one write grants proposals...she couldn't tell if it was 1 night or 5 nights...

I am waiting for the manager to call back...but also called the CC company and will deal with them directly...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
thanks - on the phone with my cc company right now.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah, the resort is a nice place, and it's handy to the venue, but it is clearly a rip off. We've done CdA the past two years, and have stayed in a rented house. We've had a great experience, and even though they raised the rate for this past year, it was still a bargain. The SO and I stayed for 6 nights for ~$500. (We split the house with some folks from home). There are also cheaper places in Post Falls, and Spokane Valley...it's a short drive 7-10 miles, but the rates are much lower. It's freeway all the way, so no worries getting in or out.

Good luck; it really is a great race venue.
Quote Reply
Re: CDA Resort practices [Lloyd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
looking forward to getting there...but surely not spend 2 grants for 5 nights!
Quote Reply