Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Nova: boston marathon/weight loss
Quote | Reply
There's a really interesting episode on right now; they're talking about how marathon training tends to not create the dramatic weight loss we would hope. If you're online now, turn on PBS. Will try to post anything I can remember later...
Quote Reply
Re: Nova: boston marathon/weight loss [lilystyx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I saw this last year, shortly after I finished my first mary. Brought a tear to my eye watching those folks cross the finish line.

Yeah, I actually porked out training for a marathon. I thought it was very very hard on my body. I think I was eating just to stay upright and alive ;)

It was funny the looks you'd get from folks when I told them what I was doing and they expected me to be stick figure thin.

I'm actually having waaaaaaaaaay more success at trimming off some lbs. with tri training and my body loves me more without all the pounding of endless miles of running.
Quote Reply
Re: Nova: boston marathon/weight loss [lilystyx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I watched the first 20 minutes and thought it was pretty darn interesting (had to leave so I couldn't watch the rest). How many ended up completing the marathon?
Quote Reply
Re: Nova: boston marathon/weight loss [matti58] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
11 of the 12 managed to toe the line. All finished. The one woman with Type 1 diabetes had big stress fracture issues and couldn't continue the program. Finish times ranged from just over 4 hours to about 6:15. It was pretty interesting to watch. A lot of dedication for an extremely long program (9 months) for a marathon.

Jim
"In dog beers, I've only had one"
http://www.shakercolonial.com/
Creating custom made furnishing to your requirements
Quote Reply
Re: Nova: boston marathon/weight loss [matti58] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You can watch it online: http://www.pbs.org/...arathon/program.html

I flipped to it in the middle, tomorrow I'm going to watch the beginning.
Quote Reply