Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Headset question..help.!
Quote | Reply
Does anyone know of a company that makes a threadless headset with 30mm cups (not 30.2) I have an old lugged frame I just repainted and was about to have it rebuilt with a threadless fork but it is an old Japaneses built frame and uses 30mm cups instead of the 30.2 that everyone now uses. I can still use the old steel fork, but wanted to use a carbon fork that I have. My only other option that I can see is to ream out the head tube, but there is not a machine shop locally that can do it.

Any other suggestions? I have looked on loosescrews but they didn't seem to have a headset that size in threadless.

Quote | Reply
Wow, Dr. Doom, I am a bit stumped.... (not uncommon). After devoting a solid 30 seconds of thought to this problem I have concluded that the only fix for this is likely to be a cobbled-up semi-scary exercise in imporvisational engineering. If the darn headset assembly rattles loose while your riding you could be in for an unpleasant surprise. Be careful with this one. Darn, I wish I could be of better service to you...

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Headset question..help.! [Dr. Doom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think Woodman makes what you're looking for.

http://rakbike.nethings.net/woodman/heads.html

1" JIS (Japanese Industry Standard) threadless headset.
Last edited by: alan: Mar 25, 03 8:15
Quote Reply
Eureka! [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That should do the trick. The JIS headset is what I was looking for. Thanks a million.

Lance