Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Tell me it will be okay...I just ate a whole pizza! [jenhs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The eye feels better, but sunlight hurts it. I spent another day as a pirate. AAAARRRRGGGGHHHHH!!!!! Thanks for asking!

The ophthalmologist called to check on me and said this

"If I were you, no wait, if I were you, I'd probably do the race, but if you were me, you'd think twice about it" He said to try daylight tomorrow and see how it goes, but not to wear a contact until Saturday at the earliest.

I think I'm past the ocular resting, I just need to keep it dark now.

I did go for a ride today, followed a friend from the house out to Bee Line Highway. Wasn't that bad since we went early when there was minimal traffic. If I had to race I could, but it would probably slow me down since I'm very aware of my lack of depth perception (every time my sister turns a corner in the car I gasp thinking she's going to hit something!) Running isn't a problem. Gonna blacken out one eye of some old goggles and go for a swim tomorrow.

I think the worse that will happen is I race w/o one contact (which in 75% of races I lose a contact w/in the first 10 miles of the bike anyway) and carry the patch incase the sun starts to hurt it. That shouldn't slow me down that much (but I will have a built in excuse!)
Quote Reply
Re: Tell me it will be okay...I just ate a whole pizza! [GhiaGirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You're totally going to be ready. It is only Wed. and it has stopped hurting. No need for you to push it as far as sunlight so keep the patch on! I wish I was there so I could decorate it for you. Put a big, red glitter m-dot on it!

Even if you aren't fast on the race you'll still be able to do it. Think about the great story you'll have!

I'm happy to hear there is positibe progress.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Re: Tell me it will be okay...I just ate a whole pizza! [GhiaGirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Glad to hear it's getting better... and you've still got three whole days to heal, I think you're good. But I like Jen's idea. Let me know if I should pick up some sequins and maybe a stuffed parrot on the way into town tomorrow. :)
Quote Reply
Re: Tell me it will be okay...I just ate a whole pizza! [Ariel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The parrot would be good, I could carry it across the finish line and start all sorts of complaints. This whole thing is making me wish I would have packed my favorite splish suit w/ me...heck if I had it with me I'd even consider racing in it!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There are cute pirate swimsuits at the NA Sports merch tent at the IM village. Of course they're probably way overpriced.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No Worries!

A full veggie pizza is probably less than 2000 Calories. Three hours of training and you'll burn it all off. ;)

"100% of the people who confuse correlation and causation end up dying."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are you kidding GG?? You will burn more than 10 000 cals during Ironman! This will be the one time in your life you can indulge in guilt free eating! Anyway, it had veges and you need at least 5 serves of that per day. Technically you hadn't eaten for a day and a half, so you were just being responsible in having the appropriate number of veges!

Concentrate on allowing your body to heal so you can do your Ironman! Just think of it as enforced rest before the big race. You will be a machine on the day!! You go girl!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Late to the party, but it's been medically proven (and Dr Jodi will back me up on this) that pizza is actually god for ocular regeneration. I recall a study being done on some blind mice and the ones who ate pizza regained their sight, while the ones who did not got their tails cut off with a carving knife...

Besides, pizza is pretty healthy. It's not like you ate a bucket of fried chicken and killed a gallon of ice cream.

You're going to be just fine.

<If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough>
Get Fitter!
Proud member of the Smartasscrew, MONSTER CLUB
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply
Re: Tell me it will be okay...I just ate a whole pizza! [QRgirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
If you get a patch you can say things like "Arrgh, matey give my that thar pizza! Arrgh...." Maybe get a little parrot for your shoulder too.

I think I love you...

Q: Why are pirates so mean?
A: No-one knows - they just ARRRRRRRGH!

Q: Where do pirates go to relax?
A: To the BARRRRRRRGH!

Q: How do they get there?
A In their CARRRRRRRHs!

Q: What did the pirate cheerleader say?
A: Give me an ARRRRRRRRGH!

Q: What's that spell?
A: ARRRRRRRRRRH!

ok, ok - I'm done. for now.

Get Fitter!
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

That suit ROCKS. YAAARRRRRRRRGH!

Get Fitter!
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Eye update, please!

Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Eye is much better, I will put in my contact tomorrow and hope everything goes well!

And I weighed in a pound under my goal weight, so I guess the pizza was okay ;-)

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
W00t! So glad to hear you are feeling better.

What is your bib # so I can keep an eye on you Sunday?

hehhh......

Jen

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
#2108.

Hopefully I'll make it to the race w/ no more incidents.

I got a call from a friend of mine who was at the expo today and he told me he had my registration bag (I registered yesterday). He said they were announcing my name and saying that I left my bag at the expo. I hadn't even realized I lost it. I knew it wasn't in the house, and also knew I didn't see it in the car, but I hadn't looked for it and just assumed it was in the car. Whew...that was close.

Last week I punctured one of my tubular tires. So I put my spare on. I bought a tire at the expo, but because of other things waited until today to stretch it and figured I'd glue it tomorrow AM, not ideal, but it would have to do. I got the tire out and realized I bought a clincher. Fortunately there's a bike shop 1/2 mile from where I'm staying. I bought there last tubular. It's stretching now.

I need to start focusing!
Quote Reply
Re: Tell me it will be okay...I just ate a whole pizza! [Khai] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Those jokes had me rolling. My friends didn't find them as funny though. They actually got the one about the CAAARRRRGGHHH! Which had me laughing even harder.
Last edited by: GhiaGirl: Apr 11, 08 22:00
Quote Reply
Re: Tell me it will be okay...I just ate a whole pizza! [Khai] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That was my favorite suit until I got this one from Club Swim/swimoutlet.com

I didn't know when I ordered it, but it says Raw Sophisticated all over it. It cracks me up! I like to tempt fate and wear it in the ocean for ocean workouts ;-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I LOVE the sushi suit!

I have the sugoi sushi jersey and beanie cap.
Quote Reply
Re: Tell me it will be okay...I just ate a whole pizza! [QRgirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The best part about the suit is the club swim suits are only $19.95.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's a pretty rockin' suit, but I still like the pirate one better.

ARRRRRGH!

Get Fitter!
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Gald to hear your eye is better. I've been away all week and wondering how you were doing.. I can't get onto IMlive but I'm sending good thoughts your way!!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is bad. I really don't need another suit. I've only ever really used one. But that one is soooo cute.

I have never used that kind of sizing though, so that might save me the $20 ;)

---
Miles of Life --- Powered by MarkyV
Quote Reply

Prev Next